First thing glass of water

Steveeee
Steveeee Posts: 62
edited 12:03AM in Food and Nutrition
I read many places you should have a glass of water within an hour of waking, and have always done this, but just wondering whether this could be substituted for a glass of milk instead, perhaps?

Replies

• Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Milk = calcium so yes, go for it!
    Just don't make it full fat milk!! :)
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    I have a pint of water when I wake, but milk should be fine. I prefer semi-skimmed, but any milk is fine so long as it is included in your diet log...
  • Steveeee
    Steveeee Posts: 62
    Alrighty then :)

And, I only drink skimmed milk, and always log it, thanks for your input.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Water and Milk are not the same so I would say trying to get the same benifits by drinking milk defeats the purpose. I drink warm water with lemon juice first thing before I eat. Also you should eat breakfast with in an Hour of waking up. THis help wake the metablisim up.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Oh I didnt know this thank you for sharing x
  • CarliBez
    CarliBez Posts: 19
    Drink both, that way you get extra and you won't have to wonder :) I think water may be more hydrating than milk, which is the reason we have to do this first thing in the morning right?
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Drink both, that way you get extra and you won't have to wonder :) I think water may be more hydrating than milk, which is the reason we have to do this first thing in the morning right?

I reckon this sounds about right. I usually drink a glass of water when i wake anyhow. I always feel thirsty and hungry when i wake (thirst often disguises itself as hunger anyway) so it curbs both, until i'm ready for breakfast! :)
This discussion has been closed.