Myfitnesspal saved my life

Options
Before I joined MFP, I weighed 260 pounds. I was lazy, depressed, and constantly struggling with back and knee pain. My doctor told me that if I didn't change my lifestyle and lose the weight, that I would become diabetic. I had tried (and failed) numerous times with losing weight. Frustrated and upset, I turned to a friend who told me about Myfitnesspal. Figuring that MFP was my last chance, I signed up and began diligently logging everything I ate and drank and all of my exercising.

It was a tough journey. There were days I became so frustrated with my new lifestyle and missed how I could eat whatever I wanted and just not care. It took a lot of courage and a lot of positive thinking, but I eventually started seeing results. I still remember the day I got under 200 pounds. I wish I could tell you that I screamed or cried or acted like I had won a major sporting event, but I didn't do any of those things. I just remember closing my eyes and raising my arm in the air with victory (as silly as that sounds), but I knew I still had more work to do.

Now that I've lost 100 pounds, the old me seems like such a distant memory. It's something that I never want to go back to now that I'm continually moving forward. I've ran two 5k races in the last year and have plans on running a half marathon this summer. I have found that I love running and don't see it stopping anytime soon.

As hokey as it sounds, MFP saved my life. To those of you just starting out and feeling overwhelmed, just know that we were all like that once. I was too. This is true, however, when I tell you that I did it and so can you!

Before:

100_1572_zpsd2e04d1a.jpg

Before:

100_1610_zps04ee241c.jpg

After:

vacay1_zpsd2f96015.jpg

After:

melalalala_zpsbc3d31f2.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!