Microwave meals under 400 cal?

saladinmyface
saladinmyface Posts: 1 Member
Any good recommendations for microwave foods under 400 calories, or thereabouts?

I don't get home from work until 11pm and often start at mid-day. I quite like to have a warm meal in the everning, as I find even a small one more filling/satisfying than a sandwich/cold food. We have a microwave at work but nothing else, hence the post.

My FAVOURITE two so far -

Sainsburies Basics Salmon Cottage Pie - 257 calories a pop (88cal per 100g)
Really fast and cheap. Portion size is decent, if on the small side. Decent amount of salmon.

Weightwatchers - Chicken Hotpot - 266 calories a pop
Fairly filling, considering that it's quite a small portion. The potato pieces don't turn mushy either and decent amount of chicken. Quite high in salt though! I've been buying mine for a pound at LIDL, not sure how much they are full price.

The salt content in microwave meals is something to consider, most of my diet is fairly low sodium otherwise.

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Get a food scale, cook on day off, put in freezer in appropriate airtight container, microwave when you get home after work.
    Idk, sounds yummy to me o.o
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    A lot of the Amy's frozen meals have 400 and under. I ate the mexican casserole two nights in a row this week :neutral_face: 380 calories I think.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Amy's, Weight Watchers, Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, 365 (Whole Foods), Trader Joes, or chicken and veggies, hamburger and sweet potato, buffalo burger and whatever.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    I eat a ridiculous amount of these. My favorites are Smart One's breakfast burritos (although not too filling outside of breakfast) chicken and fries in the crisping tray (also pretty small, good with bolthouse farm ranch), Lean Cuisine meatloaf. Jimmy Dean pulled chicken BBQ sliders are pretty tasty for frozen BBQ.
  • Amyboocastro
    Amyboocastro Posts: 5 Member
    We pre cool chicken breasts with seasoning/sauce and do rice a roni for the sides with broccoli. Its super in expensive, cleaner than a processed frozen dinner and is lower in carbs and cals. Just my two cents.
  • Amyboocastro
    Amyboocastro Posts: 5 Member
    *cook* not cool. Lol
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers are delicious and taste like real food. Quite a feat with microwave food.