No motivation

Options
I used to be 140lbs and very fit, I could run 4 hours with no problem, I lost my Dad n sister n I just dropped everything, well it's been 3 years, gained 28 lbs, I run here and there, but can only run 15minutes, k just don't have the spirit but I really would like to get back to what I was. Help

Replies

• LO1421
    LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. It is tough to find that motivation to keep moving when grieving. As hard as it is you have to be healthy and live life as well. Find something fun to do each day like going for a hike, walking with a friend to catch up, or even taking a zumba class. I'm always an advocate for yoga as it has saved my life in more ways then one. You can totally do this! Feel free to friend me if you want some extra support throughout your journey!
  • creefalcon
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice @ LO1421
  • sphinxdust
    sphinxdust Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Start small, but start for sure! Keep moving, first of all. If you catch yourself being sedentary, get up and move. Also, analyze your food without criticism, and start making reasonable decisions to cut back on things and introducing healthy alternative snacks in between meals, like carrots and almonds, for example. Set weekly goals, and look at yourself in the mirror to get angry and motivated for success. Only you can do it, so do!
  • LO1421
    LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome. You are not in this alone whether you have friends on FP or in your own social circle. You deserve to happiness and diet and exercise can help you get to your goals!! You got this!!
  • creefalcon
    Options
    Thank you @spinxdust I never thought about that "looking in the mirror". And thank you for the encouraging words, I will try it out