goals HELP??

Options
Hi I am kinda new to this and I have been messing with my daily goals and not to sure what they should set at.. tia

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    For three or four weeks, follow what MFP decided for you. Those goals work for the majority of people.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?
  • danielleleigh1987
    Options
    I am pregnant so more about watching what I am eating more than losing weight and making healthy choices

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I agree… let MFP do the work for you. That's like one of the whole points of this site… They will tell you how much to eat and do math for you… so all you have to do is log it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant so more about watching what I am eating more than losing weight and making healthy choices

Then you should be eating maintenance and speak to a doctor about what you should be eating
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If your pregnant, you can set your goal to your current weight and that will be considered maintenance calories. Then you can just log the mfp way. When you track your weight it should still stay fine. You may also want to increase the calorie number that mfp gives you by 500 calories or so. This really depends on your starting weight and current health best to ask your doctor. Mfp does allow you to set custom goals.

*If grammar or spelling ......or even the advice is bad... Sorry it is 3 am and I am exhausted.
  • danielleleigh1987
    Options
    Ive managed to reset it now. Thanks for the advice guys.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've always found MFPs estimates to be a touch low compared to basically anywhere else, and if you're pregnant I imagine you should be eating more than somebody with the same height and weight as you who isn't.

If I were you I'd up MFPs estimate by maybe 100 calories and keep an eye on your weight. Weigh yourself each week or so (at the same time) and see if anything changes. If you put on more weight than you think you should be, take off the 100 and monitor again for the next few weeks. If you're losing weight and don't wish to be, do the opposite, add some calories. It's going to be difficult for a calculator to give you a magic number which is exactly maintenance for you, but just changing it as you go and keeping an eye on your weight so it's relatively stable should be fine (although, if you're pregnant, it will probably go up somewhat obviously).

But if you're doing this just to keep an eye on what you're eating, I wouldn't get too concerned with daily calories anyway. Eat as you feel comfortable with, keep an eye on your weight, if you change and don't want to simply adjust and carry on