Repost: Size

Options
Hi

I'm currently 17 stone 2 and 5 foot 8 and a uk size 22 on the bottom ( big Hips) and on top i can fit into 18 .

i want to be a size 16 what sort of weight would that be???

I was told that about 10 -15 pounds is about a dress size but not sure.

Any help would be great.

Jess xxxx

Replies

• yummymummy29
    yummymummy29 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess!

I was a size 22 lost about 4 stone and went to a size 14-16 so sounds about right!

Back up to 16-18 now hence why I'm here again!
  • jessy8787
    Options
    Hi Jess!

I was a size 22 lost about 4 stone and went to a size 14-16 so sounds about right!

Back up to 16-18 now hence why I'm here again!

Thanks xxx
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello~ im 5'5 and started at 207lbs and UK dress size 16/18 (more the 18 and lied to myself about the 16) im currently 178lbs, so 29lbs loss and a dress size 12/14 (more the 12) so i would definitely say 15lbs would be a dress size on average~
    Just keep going and you will feel it ^.^~~
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It will actually vary from person to person. It depends on where your body holds onto fat, where your body loses it from first and how tall you are.

I'm 5'4.5 and I haven't been following my sizing very closely (most is too baggy and I'm not sure what my size is). Between 180-170, I was wearing size 15 (US juniors...not sure what that is in the UK) which was slightly baggy. I believe I tried on a size 12 (US womens) and they fit comfortably around that time. I'm currently wearing size 13 (US juniors) that are too big, but I haven't lost enough fat from my midsection yet to fit into the size 11's that are in my closet. I'm wearing juniors jeans, because I still have all my old clothes from before I gained weight (I was a teen at the time) and I'm too cheap to go buy new ones. There is at least 1 pair in my closest that still has tags.

I also can't seem to find a conversion chart that agrees with each other. I found one saying US sizes are marked 2 sizes smaller than the UK counter part and one that said US was marked 4 sizes smaller.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was a big size 16 at around 15 stone 4
    I am now a 10-12 at 12 stone

clothes sizes didn't move to begin with - I think it took me about 20lbs to drop the first size but then I went from busting out of 16 to fitting to actually new clothes time ... after that it moved quicker for me

also there's absolutely no consistency in sizing between shops and even between ranges in shops .. thats a huge PITA

when people start talking to you in American sizes add 4 - eg a US 16 is a UK 20