Ideas for a low calorie soft drink when going out to a pub

Options
I'm not the most common alcohol drinker so when me and my other half pop to the pub and if i have driven or just not in mood for alcoholic drink i have a diet coke ( cant drink normal anymore just doesnt taste right). I can make a diet coke last ages in the pub but would like to really cut back on it. Could anyone recommend a low calorie drink that i could have in a regulary pub (our local isnt the most fancy lol).

I dont want to drink just water but am struggling as to what to have. Any ideas would be gratefully receieved.

:-)

Replies

• Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Any diet drink is going to be no/low calorie - maybe try asking for diet lemonade or a similar alternative like that? Tonic water is also a decent alternative to water and while it has calories its generally pretty low (Schweppes bitter lemon is 34 calories per 100ml (but 8.1g sugar); their soda water is 0 calorie though).
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Why cut back on diet coke? If you like it just keep drinking it, lol.
    But otherwise see what other diet drinks they have, or a lime & soda, tonic water, or a fruit juice in a pint glass topped up with soda water, it's not so diet but you can make a few more calories go further.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    soda & lime / soda & blackcurrant generally available in most pubs
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    another vote for soda water and lime (i don't like lime cordial, so I just ask for a couple wedges of lime or lemon.) slimline tonic is good too, it's got a few calories but it's somewhere around 10 so nothing that'll really dent your calories for the day. Cranberry and soda is nice too if you don't mind having like 20 calories or so (depending on how much cranberry you have.)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i know you said you didn't just want water, but what about sparkling water with ice and a slice of lemon, a totally differnt drink to just tap water
  • loublou807
    loublou807 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your tips ! really appreciate it. Many choices to choose from.
  • its_martyn81
    Options
    Sparkling water with a touch of lime juice
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I love seltzer/sparkling water with fresh lemon. Very refreshing
  • astridtheviking
    astridtheviking Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I’m gonna throw in on the sparkling water with lemon train here - diet soda has been shown to cause a great risk for being overweight because, simply put, it lulls people into thinking it’s “okay” to drink because it has no calories. Consuming artificial sweeteners can basically confuse your body about whether or not it should release insulin to process sugar; your pancreas deals with sugars based on taste, not by recognizing the chemical structure, so diet sodas and other artificially sweetened foods can increase your risk for diabetes.

I’d either get a sparkling water with lemon or treat yourself to a virgin drink or juice.