Chocolate and sugar cravers diet tip, it worked for me

Options
I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago but struggled with craving something sweet after a meal. I figured that its the initial craving that causes munching on too many sweets so i did this.

I bought a jar of chocolate spread and when the craving hit i dipped in a teaspoon (small egg spoon) and ate whatever stuck to the spoon. I didn't scoop, just in and out. As chocolate spread is such an intense sweetness the craving was gone in one dip.

Replies

• MsCracker
    MsCracker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am a bonafide chocoholic and I have all the SlimFast Chocolate EVERYTHING- snacks, meal bars, shakes. I haven't figured out how to add real sugar to my meals (I will totally go overboard) so right now I'm craving coffee like you wouldn't believe.

I might have to try that dipping with like pudding or something. Thanks for the tip!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I make myself a cup of cocoa. it deals with the chocolate craving, and whilst there's the calories from the milk and cocoa, it's nowehere near as bad as a bar of chocolate.
  • CarliBez
    CarliBez Posts: 19
    Options
    I make myself a cup of cocoa. it deals with the chocolate craving, and whilst there's the calories from the milk and cocoa, it's nowehere near as bad as a bar of chocolate.

Me too! Plus extra hydration. You can wean yourself off the milk eventually. A block of dark chocolate every now and then helps too. Why not go directly to the source of the craving :)