No More Excuses

Options
"Between work and the kids activities I have no time to fit in exercise", "Eating healthy is so expensive", "By the end of the day I am so tired", "I am never going to be skinny, why bother?", "I can't afford to go to the gym" and on and on and on....
Well I decided to LET GO of my hundreds of excuses about why I am overweight and unhealthy. I decided just to move more and whine less. It is amazing how much exercise and movement I can sneak into my work day. Just getting up and walking around the building more, squat sessions in the bathroom, parking far away and walking and sneaking out into the hallway and doing laps when no one is looking, it really has become easy and it helps the day pass. Same with when I am with the kids, we have dance parties, we park further away from their activities, we have been planning more active activities instead of cuddling and watching a movie we pick something fun and active.
I can do this, it is going to be a slow process but it is something I can stick to and will end up making the whole family happier and healthier.
I have dropped 36 lbs this way and I am just getting started.

Replies

• theburpeeking
    theburpeeking Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! You should be proud!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Rejecting excuses is huge! The first step toward success is to reject all excuses for failure. And you're proof of that.
  • gezzie1
    gezzie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go you! Keep it up :)
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Slow and steady B)
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear someone else expressing this same sentiment. I kept thinking, "why am I not losing weight? I'm doing everything that I can." I never realized how many excuses I made until I really paid attention to what I was saying.