Yummy and filling Turkey Pot Pie

Options
nannersp61
nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
Cooking Light, Jan/Feb '15 has an outstanding recipe on page 110-Chicken Mushroom Pot Pie. I used it this evening to make a Turkey Pot Pie. I used 1 1/2 pounds of turkey with broth saved from a turkey breast frozen from Thanksgiving. I cut up several mushrooms, onion, garlic and chives which I sautéed in a drizzle of olive oil. I added 14 oz bag of mixed vegies and heated these through. Shredded the turkey and added that and the broth to the pan. I used 1 cup of condensed milk and 1/4 cup flour, whisked well, along with1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, paprika, curry powder, parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary & white pepper. Pour over the turkey and vegies and heat well until bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Meanwhile, make a crust using 1/2 c flour, 1/4 c butter flavor Crisco and 1/4 tsp salt. Use a fork to mix these ingredients until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add in a Tablespoon of ice water a little at a time until the dough forms a ball. Roll out large enough to cover the top of your pie.
Fill the pie plate with the turkey-vegie mixture and cover with the crust, folding the edges under. Vent the crust in a few places. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes until bubbly. (tip: place pie plate on a cookie sheet)
Cut into 6 slices. Each slice is 394 cal. 16.7 g fat,(sat. 51, mono. 4.2 grm, poly 1.2 grm) Protein 32 g, carb. 31 g, Fiber 4 g, chol 76 mg, Iron 2mg, sodium 555mg, calcium 50 mg

Replies