Impromptu Thai restaurant visit

Options
liseloo79
liseloo79 Posts: 23 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So I've found out that my husband is treating me to a meal at a thai place tonight and I don't have a clue what would be my best option. I've had 400 jacks today so have about 800 left what would be people's suggestions??? I am hoping for beef chilli stir fry it prawn pad Thai but basically I like most Thai food so really whatever's healthiest

Mtia

Lisa

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    any of the stir fried dishes should be fine. Pad Thai would be pretty heavy due to the noodles. New Year's Eve we went to a Thai place, I got a chicken/basil spicy stir fry that had some bell pepper, onion, mushrooms in a light sauce. I figured it to be around 500 calories including the rice. The only negative is it's all high in sodium if you are watching that.
  • liseloo79
    liseloo79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you will stick to stir fry I think
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pad Kee Mao
  • wesleepuntilthesungoesdown
    Options
    had Thai last night :) calories should be fine unless you have a few too many Singha beers!!
    BUT as as danimalkeys says - the sodium is the one... it will have you heavier on the scales in the morning!
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have stuck to ordering the following as I love all these flavors:

Cucumber salad
    Chicken satay (typically grilled w/ dipping sauce on side)
    Tom Yum soup (choice of adding chicken, shrimp, or veggies)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    liseloo79 wrote: »
    So I've found out that my husband is treating me to a meal at a thai place tonight and I don't have a clue what would be my best option. I've had 400 jacks today so have about 800 left what would be people's suggestions??? I am hoping for beef chilli stir fry it prawn pad Thai but basically I like most Thai food so really whatever's healthiest

Mtia

Lisa
    Shredded papaya salad with grilled shrimp.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• healthyemily93
    healthyemily93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    liseloo79 wrote: »

Mtia

Lisa
    Shredded papaya salad with grilled shrimp.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That stuff is DELICIOUS. I seriously could eat papaya salad with shrimp everyday and never get sick of it.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cold steak salad is my favorite Thai dish! Spicy and delish, I also get FRESH summer rolls and sneak in my pb2 to add to soy sauce.

Biggest part is having a plan, sticking to it. You are half way there just asking here and knowing what you may order before the smells and pictures lure you!!

Either way, it is one meal, enjoy your time with your husband.