Anyone else take Fish Oil?

Options
:) I have been taking 4 fish oil pills a day for about a month now. I have to say, I think it has helped even maybe a little bit in my weight loss! Of course I can't measure their success but I believe they have helped. Haha. Also, my hair has been SO much healthier and it has grown almost 2 1/2 inches in this month alone! :o I'm definitely going to keep taking these fish oil pills for a long time! Plus I heard it is really good for heart health. Anyone else have any positive (or even negative) experiences with fish oil?

Replies

• seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I was taking 2/day before changing my diet up. Now I don't need to take pills, I just eat foods with omegas in them already. I still take a multivitamin though, because I don't get a complete nutrient profile from just food alone.
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    I have just started taking omega oils too (though mine are flax seed since the thought of oils squished out of a fish makes me feel sick!) so I would like to hear people's stories too!
  • Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I have been taking 3 Natrol Glucosamine Omega-3 Pills a day for about a week now and can already really feel a difference in my joints. My shoulders have always "crunched" and that has actually stopped happening!

I will keep taking these for sure!
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    I just started 2 weeks ago, so far I haven't noticed anything but I think I need to give it at least a month.
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I've been taking Omega 3's for maybe 2 months now. I take 6x 1000mg capsules a day - 2 with each meal. Not sure if I'm over-doing it, or not.. I read that book 'The Gabriel Method' and that's what he recommended. :S
    I think my eyesight is actually better, but I can't be 100% sure.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I take omega 3's and 6's and can definitely tell a difference in my joints.
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started to take fish oil pills bout two months ago. I noticed a difference. They are good for your bones too. I feel much better. I have arthritis in my knees and back. They have really helped with that as well.
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been taking 4 fish oil tablets a day for years, and Glucosamine as well. I can ride, walk, and live a normal life without too much stiffness and pain. Before I started them, I had problems with my hip after walking and also stiffness in my neck and lower back, so for me they have been great and I will stay on them forever...And they are also supposed to be very good for heart health...So all good feedback from me. It does take a good 4-6 weeks to notice any benifits.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I take 1 fish oil table a day.....don't know if it makes a huge difference, but running I don't get too achy (sp) afterwards !
  • mydogkeebie
    Options
    JOINTS! I totally forgot to mention that too! Thanks for reminding me, guys! XD
    My knees used to crunch/crack constantly, even when I walked! But now they don't do that hardly at all anymore (only during a hard work out!). And I used to have terrible back pain and my back doesn't hurt at all anymore. Could also be due to working out but who knows! All I know is I am very glad I take them!
  • ajtom1
    ajtom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take 2 a day.... but I have never heard of taking more then that and is that safe?
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I take 4 a day.

(amount per day is irrelevant, it depends on the dosage per capsule)

Anyways,
    I love fish oil. I ran out about a month ago, and within 2-3 weeks I could see a noticeable difference on my skin. I started breaking out on my face and shoulders. So it definately helps keep my skin clear when I take it.
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I just read on a website that fish oils contain approximately 9 calories per gram of oil.. I've been adding 54 calories to my diet, daily, without realizing it!
  • ajtom1
    ajtom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like I will be adding a couple more to my daily intake :happy:
  • mydogkeebie
    Options
    I take 2 a day.... but I have never heard of taking more then that and is that safe?

My doctor told me 4 a day is okay :D I agree with the other guy, it also depends on dosage!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I just read on a website that fish oils contain approximately 9 calories per gram of oil.. I've been adding 54 calories to my diet, daily, without realizing it!
    doesn't appear to be hurting you too much
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I take 3 day! I think it down help with weight loss!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i was taking fish oil, 2 mg a day, for about a month but i started getting horrible stomach aches. it might've just been a coincidence and NOT the fish oil, but i stopped taking them...now, a few weeks later, my stomach aches are gone and i'm afraid to start taking them again, although i want to!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I take the triple strength GNC fish oil capsules once a day. I take the GNC variety because they are the only ones that don't make me get those "fishy" burps :)
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I take one a couple times a week. There are a lot of benefits, but there was also a recent study that it could cause increased risk of prostate cancer in men. There's no such thing as a wonder pill I suppose.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/health/research/03patterns.html?partner=rss&emc=rss