kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Add me
    I gave up beer almost 1 week ago. Lol
    Replaced with a glass of wine. ;)
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    When I was in law school (or alcoholism training) all the gym rats got hammered like the rest of us... They just stuck to vodka and micholobe ultra.
  • Salem291
    Salem291 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yes me me loool, but I have not had any alcohol for 3 weeks so far I am going to drink alcohol in the 4th week. That's my plan to drink only once a month as much as it pains me but I have to do it ....
  • chelsinbama
    chelsinbama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Margaritas and beer are a part of my weight gain, but I can't live without them! Moderation is the key I have to learn. Add me for motivation
  • clareymcclaren
    Options
    Two low-carb brews I recommend: Michelob Ultra and Square Mile Cider.
  • sblatt1
    sblatt1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's where all my weight came from....Love my wine!!! Have been trying to cut down for months but to no avail. Been trying to use MFP for a while now..tried WW too. But there's a cost factor in that. I have never been consistent with either one. Any suggestions??
  • Laurashar34
    Laurashar34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Another fellow drinker here! I wouldn't want to give up alcohol altogether but have resolved to just drink at the weekends. I toyed with the idea of 'dry January' but it seems like a pretty miserable month to be giving up the booze :D
    I plan on setting aside some calories for the drink on a Friday and Saturday and making sure I do more exercise those days as well
  • Hammy6275
    Hammy6275 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another drinker here feeling the same way as you. Add me.
  • Mhari2015
    Mhari2015 Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Drink!! I have just added diet alternative soft drinks to mine and most vodka is potatoes anyway :wink:

However rum is my diehard favourite

Feel free to add me!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Beer, whiskey, rum, vodka, gin, or tequila I drink any and all. It is all about balance. you don't have to not drink just make sure you log it accordingly. Good Luck
  • SarahW20MFP
    SarahW20MFP Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i love wine. that is all.
  • kvandenbeldt
    Options
    Logging everything is important to "keep it real". Knowing how many hidden calories are in your beverages can help you "plan" for your "fun". I love beer, wine, cocktails, but when I see how they effect my progress, right there in my face it helps keep the denial process at bay. I try to make room in my calories that day to allow for some fun....usually by working out first.
  • Sagenettle
    Sagenettle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've grown to LOVE my wine over the past couple years and even appreciate beer when I always hated it before. But it's hard for me to justify the calories so I'm trying to really cut down now!
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yup; me! Just started back January 5th but the weekend is here. I probably won't indulge this weekend because at the beginning I try to be really strict with myself. But as I begin to lose I reward my self with a glass of wine or something on the weekend.

I am just glad it is winter because I tend to drink a lot more in the Summer.
  • mistydm76
    mistydm76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Silver Tequila and vodka with my Crystal Light is how I role!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    kaimi2011 wrote: »
    Add me
    I gave up beer almost 1 week ago. Lol
    Replaced with a glass of wine. ;)

both beer and wine have relatively similar calories.

Not sure why you gave up one for the other
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    I drink water and coffee. That makes me a drinker, right? I don't log them because they're both calorie-free.

LOL I don't log my coffee either, I do log my beer/wine/spirits though!
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Drinker here too... So much wine over the holidays, and lots of beer over the last few months contributing to my gain, I'm sure. I'll definitely still be indulging, but logging as well. Feel free to add me.
  • AmberMazieBrown
    AmberMazieBrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well with all these drinkers on here I feel in good company. Just getting started back on this, any tips on some good drinks/ cocktails so as not to ruin your diary for the day.

Feel free to add
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Fellow drinker here which I have cut back with the hectic corporate life I don't have time to drink with the gang as much. I do log mine when I drink though.