Inner thigh toning.

Options
Does anyone know of any good, at home exercises that I can do to tone my inner, upper thigh?! The jiggle just isn't working for me!

Replies

• smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya :(
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You can do wide legged squats - especially targets inner thigh if you lift one foot (ie pointed toe against the ground) at a time.

Or you could try some pilates-style leg lifts - lay on the floor on your side and balance yourself a little using your top hand on the floor and bring your top knee over onto the floor. You can then work your inner thigh by keeping your bottom leg straight and lifting it behind the other leg.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck :)
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i know i just did an exercise from ripped in 30 that killed my inner thighs!!! Sumo squats...stand with feet wide apart with toes facing out and squat!!!! add some weights for tricep extensions to make it better
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Leg lifts are good for the abductors (lay on your side and lift your leg up, both sides). Also, doing that while standing is good - add a resistance band around your ankles and that makes it more intense. Lunges and squats should help too - don't forget other parts of your legs like calves, quads, & hamstrings! :wink:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    lunges and squats are said to be good for thighs. but I think the squats are more for front thighs and glutes

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    i know i just did an exercise from ripped in 30 that killed my inner thighs!!! Sumo squats...stand with feet wide apart with toes facing out and squat!!!! add some weights for tricep extensions to make it better

that makes sense! I am on day 4 of 30 DS and it's brilliant so far, I will try the sumo squat! Thanks!
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i am finishing ripped in 30 and i have seen amazing results from my inner thighs... they don't touch anymore!!!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts will strengthen the whole posterior chain (calves, hams, glutes, lats, traps) and are your #1 option. Only strength gain and bodyfat loss lead to toning. Good luck!
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i am finishing ripped in 30 and i have seen amazing results from my inner thighs... they don't touch anymore!!!

OMG! my dream! To not have rubbing inner thighs. <sigh> what a wonderful day that will be.
    I may have to try this 30 day shred....lots of ppl rave about it.

Sumo squats and leg lifts were what I was going to suggest. Good luck!
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts will strengthen the whole posterior chain (calves, hams, glutes, lats, traps) and are your #1 option. Only strength gain and bodyfat loss lead to toning. Good luck!

This!

If you don't loose fat around the thighs, strengthen the muscles they will not stop jiggling :(

I've always had big thighs, so much so that I needed at one point to buy trousers that were 2 sizes to big for me to get my thighs to fit in them comfortably.

I've lost some size since then and my last measurement put each thigh in at 25inch, at my biggest they were around the 28-29inch mark.

Train your legs, strengthen your muscles and keep eating right, things will "tone" up :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    As everyone else sad.. Squats and Lunges! My trainer has me do so many and I hate them but my thigh's and butt look amazing!
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No individual exercise will "tone" your legs any more than any other. Remove sub-cutaneous fat via weight loss is the only way to improve muscle definition.

By all means keep up the lifting though, more muscle = more calories burnt just by being alive. Plus bigger muscles = more area for the fat to be spread over, thus a more defined appearance even without losing weight.
  • shinybootsofleather
    shinybootsofleather Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be honest, some peoples' bodies naturally store fat on the inner thigh. When I was 18 and around 8 and a half stone I still had this issue. My friend who is 9 stone has it too. Obviously if you lose weight it will help, but it may not be possible to eliminate the problem entirely.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    To be honest, some peoples' bodies naturally store fat on the inner thigh. When I was 18 and around 8 and a half stone I still had this issue. My friend who is 9 stone has it too. Obviously if you lose weight it will help, but it may not be possible to eliminate the problem entirely.

This is probably more true than not. A friend of mine got down to 130lbs and was at her all time skinniest and her thighs still touched. She said she remembers them touching when she was a kid too, and not at all fat. I have always had bigger thighs, no matter what I did. And now at the thinnest I have ever been in adulthood, my thighs still touch. :(
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No individual exercise will "tone" your legs any more than any other. Remove sub-cutaneous fat via weight loss is the only way to improve muscle definition.

Absolutely true that you cannot target fat loss. On the other hand you need muscles to have muscle definition, hence the call for squats and deadlifts - otherwise you get weak, "jiggly" muscles even at a low bodyfat %, instead of strong, lean ones.
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks very much for all of the replies! All great help.