Which FitBit Do You Recommend?

Options
My FitBit One met an untimely death in the washing machine yesterday. I liked it, however as it got older the holder seemed to become less strong as I had a few instances of it coming off where I had it hooked too. So I worry about my next one coming off and either getting lost or ending up like my last one.
I liked the FitBit One for being so hidden away and out of sight, but I'm not sure I want to get another clip on one.
Thinking of getting the Charge or the Flex. I like the charge as you can see your stats just by looking at it, however it seems a little larger and more bulky than the flex, and I'm rarely without my phone so I could just quickly pull that out and see what my stats are. Probably less likely to check that as often as I would if I could just quickly look at the fitbit.
Can you shower with them?
Would getting the Charge HR be worth the extra $20?

Replies

• ToniaH75
    Options
    I have the flex and i love mine and yes you can shower with the Flex but i haven't because im afraid i'll mess it up even though it says you can.
  • airyn1
    airyn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for the Charge HR. It's not only an activity monitor but also a heart rate monitor.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Flex!

The only real difference between the Flex vs the Charge or Surge is is the heart rate monitor… the accuracy of the HRM on the new Fitbit's is questionable.
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow I was just looking at the charge and looks really cool. I have a chance to get a My Zone its kinda like a polar with the chest strap and battery and watch all for under a 100.00 bucks
  • mkleesp
    mkleesp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got the flex for Christmas and so far I'm in love with it!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have most of the Fitbit models and like the One best. Do you wear any bras with removable pad inserts? It might not be good if you're prone to washing your Fitbits but my favorite way to carry the one was outside of its clip, inside bra 'pockets'. Of course you can't check the display easily.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have the charge. I like the caller ID feature.

I'm waiting for the apple watch to upgrade to hr though.
  • ichigofruit
    ichigofruit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    From what I've read and seen, the Charge HR is actually pretty reliable in its readings for heartrate. I too have a Zip and am saving for the Charge HR. I have a separate Polar HRM but it'd be nice to have one device to do it all, as well as measuring heartrate while at rest and throughout my day as a better indicator of calories burned. That being said, I have several friends and family members with the Flex and they're really happy with them. I wouldn't drop the extra $30 on a Charge over a Flex - I'd either commit to the Charge HR or go with the Flex. The whole lineup is solid, and I don't think there's a wrong choice here.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the charge I want the caller ID feature because if I'm doing a workout I want to know if I really need to take a call or not preferably without digging out my phone. I may get the HR if it's out in time.
  • QuixoticParody
    Options
    I've had a flex for a while. A year? Shower with it, dishes, even a bit of swimming when I forget to take it off. Not deep swimming, just waist height in a lake. It's a bit of a pain to learn what all the flashy lights are about but it syncs well with my Samsung 5. I've bumped it hard quite a few times while it's in the bracelet. Seems sturdy enough. There are generic brand bands if the original ones break or you just want another color. Never tried the others but think about if you'll really use all the bells and whistles like a heart monitor. Flex has an alarm system. Good for reminders of things. Some even wake up instead of an alarm clock. Not me, not strong enough to wake the dead.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I haven't tested the other models but I love my zip. The clip has not worn out.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have & love my One. But I honestly don't think Fitbit is leading the pack in wrist-worn trackers. Look into the Polar Loop. Hubby has it. Water proof - not just water resistant - and it can be worn with a Polar chest strap for more accurate burn during cardio. It is wrist worn, and I think comes in different sizes. His is the large but doesn't look bulky.
    My FitBit One met an untimely death in the washing machine yesterday. I liked it, however as it got older the holder seemed to become less strong as I had a few instances of it coming off where I had it hooked too. So I worry about my next one coming off and either getting lost or ending up like my last one.
    I liked the FitBit One for being so hidden away and out of sight, but I'm not sure I want to get another clip on one.
    Thinking of getting the Charge or the Flex. I like the charge as you can see your stats just by looking at it, however it seems a little larger and more bulky than the flex, and I'm rarely without my phone so I could just quickly pull that out and see what my stats are. Probably less likely to check that as often as I would if I could just quickly look at the fitbit.
    Can you shower with them?
    Would getting the Charge HR be worth the extra $20?

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    love my little Zip, the only problem I have is the sleeve tends to break after a couple of months (the bottom little plastic cap pops off every time i try to take off the zip from my bra) I've replaced the sleeve twice in 2 years of owning my Fitbit
  • Andee2000
    Andee2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    lostemt wrote: »
    Wow I was just looking at the charge and looks really cool. I have a chance to get a My Zone its kinda like a polar with the chest strap and battery and watch all for under a 100.00 bucks

I received the Charge for Christmas and love it so far. I previously had a clip style pedometer and it worked, but it would come off when I was working out sometimes and it bugged. I like that the battery last a long time and that it syncs to MFP and the program we use at work. It's way less bulky and very light than I thought. I like to see my progress at a glace as I don't want to look at my phone to check that status.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I had a Flex and decided to try a One. I prefer the One because it's not on my wrist. I got tired of always having the flex on my wrist and I found myself always trying to carry things in the other arm, or pushing shopping carts with one arm so my steps would be counted. LOL.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'd have to recommend either the Flex or the Charge. I had a flex for a year and it was awesome and very durable. Battery life could have been better but it was a nice unit. Flex allows you to swap the bands around to change up the colors. I have the Charge now and the battery lift is amazing. Going on 7 days now and it's only 1/2 down. Charge has the time on the display which is nice- helps at work. Both have silent alarms.
  • rmtuesley
    rmtuesley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love my charge HR. It is pretty accurate as compared to my poler monitor. I don't really notice a difference in size as compared to my flex. I like it for workouts when I'm not taking a lot of staps. The caller ID is cool too.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! It seems it may be a tough choice. I really did like that the fit bit was hidden, but I just worry about it coming off like it did on me a few times.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I had a zip for a year and a half and just upgraded to the charge hr. After about a week I really started to love it bc it took a little time to adjust to my stride and playing with the settings. I've compared it several times with my polar chest hrm and they are really close in calorie burns so it's good enough for me in that respect keeping img mind that neither is 100% accurate.
    I just bought a new scale so im still working on how accurate the calorie burn for th day is (it's a little higher) that the zip due to the hr.
    I had the same thoughts as others I spent the extra 20 to get the charge hr over the charge.