Options
XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If you are going to count calories, count ALL the calories. I don't see the point in not counting everything, especially since you know it works.

The system you mentioned above seems overly complicated to me.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    If you are going to count calories, count ALL the calories. I don't see the point in not counting everything, especially since you know it works.

The system you mentioned above seems overly complicated to me.

Seems pretty complicated to me, too, and not something I could personally do - but with that said, OP you gotta do what works for you. There's absolutely no harm in trying your plan for a few weeks and then evaluate your progress... if you're on track then by all means keep doing it.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    You can't go wrong with MFP if you are real with your settings: log all of your food/alcohol and with eating back only 30-50% of your exercise calories earned- input all of your data and eats, you'll do great!! Might as well save yourself the mind games ;)
    That being said I never log coffee and rarely lettuce...but that's just me not worrying about 15 or 20 calories per day lol
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Why do all that artificial tinkering? Why not leave the MFP calorie rec where it is and log everything. I, personally, do allow myself to be an "eyeballer" on salad veg and things like that, as the margin of error is likely less than 10 calories, but otherwise, log away!

If you are logging and balancing your intake across a weeks time, there should be no such thing as a "cheat..." Some days you'll go under your rec, other days you'll go over. As long as your weekly intake is a caloric deficit, fat will be lost.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    OP wanted to set her calorie goal lower, and then not count her fruits, salads, or her weekend splurge meals/weekend alcohol. Or something.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No one quoted the OP :(

recap: Wedding coming up (she's a bridesmaid). Doing WW currently but it is going up in cost and she'd rather save the $ for spending money at the wedding location (it's in Cypress). Trying to marry MFP and WW methods by setting cals extra low and then not weighing and or logging fruit/veg/salad (but still counting dressing) - setting MFP cals extra low to compensate for not counting the fruit/veg. Oh! And weekly splurge/cheat day after weigh in, consisting of either a meal or of vodka/diet colas, also not logged.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    :neutral_face: just wow... I got nothin...
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't say "oh well since you didn't log it, it won't count towards the calories I use today".

I wish that's how it worked, but it doesn't. Don't make it harder than it needs to be.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    No one quoted the OP :(

recap: Wedding coming up (she's a bridesmaid). Doing WW currently but it is going up in cost and she'd rather save the $ for spending money at the wedding location (it's in Cypress). Trying to marry MFP and WW methods by setting cals extra low and then not weighing and or logging fruit/veg/salad (but still counting dressing) - setting MFP cals extra low to compensate for not counting the fruit/veg. Oh! And weekly splurge/cheat day after weigh in, consisting of either a meal or of vodka/diet colas, also not logged.

Thank you for taking the time to fill us in because I missed the OP, too.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yikes.

Your body will keep an accurate log no matter what you write down...

Love this!!

• XCHOCOLATECRAZYX
    XCHOCOLATECRAZYX Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No it was setting my calories 400 cal lower and not logging salad or veg as I find weighing broccoli and lettuce too time cosuming ...(apart from butternut squash and corn) that's was all and yes I was still going to count fruit as it has lots of sugar ...thanks for ther erm...helpful comments .....I suppose it's one or the other then 100% on one plan or on the other no mixing and matching
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everything counts!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No it was setting my calories 400 cal lower and not logging salad or veg as I find weighing broccoli and lettuce too time cosuming ...(apart from butternut squash and corn) that's was all and yes I was still going to count fruit as it has lots of sugar ...thanks for ther erm...helpful comments .....I suppose it's one or the other then 100% on one plan or on the other no mixing and matching

too time consuming? Well i wish you luck
    And respect for the fact that you have such portion control and know without weighing and measuring how much calories you eat.

My ultimate dream to get that skill down.

( and for the one who is flagging this, yes it was meant sarcastic)