P90x thoughts?

Options
Was wondering if anyone tried p90x and what was your success storey, and if it didn't work out. I'm wanting to loose 70lbs, I don't know where to start

Replies

• chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you want that type of program, I'd recommend Turbo Fire. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and all the pushups and plyometric exercises in p90x are hard on my joints. There's sample TF classes on YouTube if you're not ready to commit yet.
    New Beachbody TurboFire Workouts! http://youtu.be/fZwgU-II3rw
  • KarolJohnson2127
    KarolJohnson2127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm starting my second month of P90X, and I absolutely love it. That being said, i am already somewhat fit and just looking to get more muscle tone and definition. All the classes are quite advanced, so I wouldn't recommend this to someone who never worked out...you might get discouraged and give up. If you're only looking for weight loss, I'd go with something more cardio oriented (TF is a great suggestion). If you're up for the challenge, go for it!:-)
  • kaaylamoorexo
    Options
    Hi there. I'm starting my second month of P90X, and I absolutely love it. That being said, i am already somewhat fit and just looking to get more muscle tone and definition. All the classes are quite advanced, so I wouldn't recommend this to someone who never worked out...you might get discouraged and give up. If you're only looking for weight loss, I'd go with something more cardio oriented (TF is a great suggestion). If you're up for the challenge, go for it!:-)

I have worked out before and I have done a few workouts when I was younger. I just wanted to know if it helped anyone loose a significant amount of weight. Thank you :)
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    T25 Focus is also a good workout designed for folks of all fitness levels, incorporates weights/cardio & plyo. By the time you're finished you should be able to get into any other program.
  • kaaylamoorexo
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've decided to start T25, since it's more suitable for my life right now. (*)