Kicking the coffee with creamer habit!!!

im the "I like a little bit of coffee with my creamer" kind of girl. I'm wasting calories on that everyday bc I feel like I have to have it!! Don't say get the sugar free/fat free. That
$&@% is nasty!!! Lol. I just need to kick coffee all together. I get terrible headaches of I don't have it. HELP!!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I have no suggestions for kicking the coffee habit but I wanted to say that I like a lot of milk in my coffee so I just budget my calories accordingly each day. For me, milk is a good source of protein so I don't mind using my calories that way. Would you be able to sub in milk (2% or whole, not skim) for creamer?
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    For me, a good Flavored coffee was key. One of my favorites is Target's Archer Farms brand. I thinks its vanilla biscotti. I know it has the word biscotti. all I need is a teaspoon or two of sugar (depending on the cup size)
    I still need cream for the regular stuff we have at work though.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Slowly wean yourself off the creamer. Start measuring it when you add it, and just reduce a little every time. Or, start using plain milk and a little bit of sugar. I put about an ounce of half and half into my 20 oz coffee, no sugar, and that's a good balance for me that doesn't break the bank.
  • wife2bo
    wife2bo Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I would like to at least cut back to one small cup a day. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and have a firefighter for a husband who also owns a electrical business so I'm a single mother 80% of the time. Sorry for rambling. My point is that I have been known to drink a lot of coffee a day to keep me going. I know thats an awful lot! I want to cut out sugar all together. Hubby just says "drink it black, I do". I hate the taste of its black. I'll try the milk first. :) thanks.

• BabyWeight821
    BabyWeight821 Posts: 24 Member
    You could also just make at home cappuccinos. Black coffee to me is not only kind of gross but it's boring. Cappuccinos feel more rich and enjoyable, maybe it's the frothy goodness? I'm a stay at home mom to a 4 month old so I can definitely relate!! Although I am just not ready to kick my habit, it's something I look forward to every day. But good for you for being strong and wanting to cut back!
  • wife2bo
    wife2bo Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    You don't need to stop drinking coffee, I still drink 2-3 large cups of it a day and managed to lose my weight no issues. I used to put A LOT of sugar and I slowly scaled back on it. Now I can't stand sweet coffee. I still like real cream and I always use it, just make it fit into your day.
  • FITColorado
    FITColorado Posts: 1 Member
    Cut back to one AWESOME cup of coffee a day. Enjoy it to the MAX. I add 1 tablespoon of creamer to mine and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut sugar. Have what you love in moderation. You deserve it.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Some things are meant to be in my diet. That includes coffee with some kind of cream, pizza and condiments like ketchup and bbq sauce. It's worth the extra calories to me, but good luck quitting coffee.
  • ilikeitalatte
    ilikeitalatte Posts: 4 Member
    My sister is doing a Paleo diet. She switched from coffee to green tea and she says it makes her feel wonderful and she doesn't miss coffee. AND it's cheaper! It still as caffeine and there's all kinds of flavors for it :)
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    I drink mine blended with grass-fed butter and coconut oil. Try it. You'll never miss creamer.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    I will never, ever, ever give up my coffee. But I only drink one cup a day, with both half and half and sugar that's been measured out. Maybe I might spring for two a day. But I fit both of them into my calories for the day.

Point it, if you can wean off of them slowly and drink something like water or tea, it's better over all for you, and you won't have the caffeine withdrawal headaches that come with it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I put about a quarter of a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and one tablespoon of creamer in my coffee. About 50 calories...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    I love black coffee; aside from Starbucks specialty drinks it's the only way I enjoy it at home. I read on "buzzfeed" don't judge me haha that if it's too bitter add a little pinch of salt and some other hacks I'm not sure of. Play around with different roasts and brands. i'm not a big snob so folgers specialty roast is delicious black. or if you really like creamer just keep using it. or if you want to give it up, put up with headaches for a couple days and it will subside. i stayed off coffee three months last summer and this is coming from a three cup a day + drinker. or drink tea, caffeine but lower levels
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    I tried actually weighing/measuring what I was adding (I, too, used to like a little coffee with my cream and sugar). I tried to cut it down to two servings of creamer and sugar. that sucked. black coffee actually tasted BETTER than just the 2/2. so I've learned to love black coffee. the darker, the better. if it's weak, it just tastes like dirty water, and THEN I want to add stuff to it. I get a french roast, and it is divine!

best of luck to you!
  • carlakoah
    carlakoah Posts: 3 Member
    Love the flavored creamer!! But, even the sugar free ones have calories i don't want to spare. I would rather eat my limited 1200 calories. i kicked the coffee by drinking water out of my Starbucks "fancy" coffee cup. Took about a week to get used to it. Now, everyone at work thinks i drink coffee all day long. little do they know, it's water!
  • lorax429
    lorax429 Posts: 16 Member
    Use this. So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer- http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-creamers

Lower calorie than half and half and better for you, plus it tastes great imo. I use/prefer the original but there are flavors if you're into that. Give it a shot.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    i gotta get outta this thread, it's making me want more haha
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    I hear you. Over the course of a day, I can easily drink a whole pot with about half a cup of bailey's creamer.

I am trying to scale back because there's no way this is good for me, not just because of the caffeine and sugar, but I spend the whole day thinking "is it too soon for another cup of coffee?" Eek.

I'm adding more tea to my life. I thought I hated tea because all I'd tried was Lipton's and Salada... then I went to a local shop and tried some of their blends. There is some amazing stuff out there.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    I won't give up my coffee or creamer... I will always budget for that lol