need advice on low carb snacks

Options
Hey, I am on my second day of a whole new eating world (eeekk scary stuff)
Can anyone give me some ideas for low carb snack? A seem to be eating wayyyy to much! And my hand is edging further and further towards the 6 pack of hula hoops:{

Replies

• StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I LOVE ADKINS BARS!!!!!!!! Taste great and have choclatey flavors.
  • artvandalay
    artvandalay Posts: 71
    Options
    I LOVE ADKINS BARS!!!!!!!! Taste great and have choclatey flavors.

Target carries knock off Zone protein bars... I haven't tried them but I believe Zone stuff is low carb.
  • PudgeMuffin200
    Options
    cheese , some peanuts aren't too high in carbs, sugar free jello with cool whip , strawberries, deviled eggs, atkins bars or shakes,
  • weemeagain
    weemeagain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow did not know peanut butter was low carb:)
    Thanks guy, i am away to have cheese chunks and peanut butter now x
  • amgdx8
    amgdx8 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new as well. Some good advice I've heard is that before you take a snack, drink a glass of water and then see how you feel. Sometimes you aren't really hungry, maybe just thirsty or bored. This also helps before meals to cut down on portions. A low carb snack I've grown to like is carrots.
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    For low carb snacks I do string cheese, or a mix of nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts - all dry roasted and unsalted), or some pb toast on low carb bread.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    string cheese works wonder's and some of them have 0 carbs, some only 1
  • k8ter
    k8ter Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the ExtendSnacks. They have bars, crisps, and shakes and their newest item is a drizzle (a soy based chip-like snack drizzled in either chocolate or caramel-YUM!) They are the only snacks on the market clinically proven to control blood sugar for up to 9 hours! You can get them at Walgreens and target, order on their website or call them directly....try them and then let me know what you think!
  • imgonnalose25
    Options
    This site has some great recipes for low carb snacks:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/snack_recipes.html

This one is salty:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheezits.html

She also has numerous deserts on there.
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The term "Low Carb" is relative.
    Someone's low carb number could be 25, another could be 50 or 70. (net grams sugar per day)
    In my case with trying to stay fairly low carb (20-30 a day) I avoid carrots. :) And instead go for celery w/ sugar free peanut butter or soft goat cheese on top.

Or I nibble 1 oz of hard parmasean... VERY satisfying

Or I grab my 24 oz water bottle and mix in a sugar free drink packet & enjoy.