3 Stone!

Options
I am aiming to lose 3 stone! With a busy university life though I am struggling to stop snacking and do more exercise! I've never dieted before and have been underweight most of my and was always a skinny teenager, but adulthood changed that and I started to put on the weight! Need motivation and good tips on how to keep up!

Replies

• toniallen010
    Options
    Hi I'm toni I'm in the same kind of boat as you. I was always a skinny child until I hit 18 and had my first child. I'm in need to lose 5 stone and to get my body back into shape. I found I was always too busy to exercise and I too couldn't help snacking my way through the week. Good luck on your journey
  • rachsamuel1994
    rachsamuel1994 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And it's so hard! When I'm busy it's hard to motivate myself. People say it's easy to go to a gym etc but it's not always! And costs too! As a teenager I always used to brag about how much I could eat and not put on weight- I think that backfired on me big time ! Haha!
    - Good luck to you as well! :)
  • katie_deans
    katie_deans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Katie, my goal is also 3st or about 20 kg, I haven't been underweight since I was 6 and in the past year I have been pushing the boundaries of overweight, it'd be amazing if I could have some support!
  • sam_tap4
    sam_tap4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the same boat. I gained weight from a birth control though and I would like to loose about 15lbs but I've been feeling great and I use everything that I need at home! I use workout videos and my own weights at home and it's definitely doing the job. Plus I'm eating a lot healthier. Not only do I see a change on my body I see a change in my everyday living! :smile:
  • rachsamuel1994
    Options
    I started taking birth control when I was 16 (I'm 20 now) but I'm not sure if that was part of my weight gain, thinking about it they may be a contribution to it
    At home I have a kettle bell workout DVD and I use hand weights but was looking to buy another exercise DVD, what ones do you find good?
    It's great that it's working for you though- that's really gave me more confidence in working out at home because I thought I'd only get great results by going to the gym or joining things like weight watchers etc!
  • sam_tap4
    Options
    Those are great! There's one I started doing called Be a Knockout with Kendra. It's exercises as if you are doing drills for sports like soccer, basketball, kickboxing,etc.. Kendra is a celebrity that was one of Hugh Hefner's wives. She's not my favourite celebrity but this workout is fun and I love it. Also, I do zumba and just dance 2015 on xbox and that helps as well and keeps me motivated. It tells you how many calories you burn and the harder the work the better! But if you don't have an xbox do try the video. I got mine at Winners for $5 it's worth the money! :smile:
  • ifeomaxoxo
    Options
    Hii! I haven't been skinny since I was 6 :'( but I'm hoping I can lose some weight..... 25kg..... Good luck on your journey!
  • rachsamuel1994
    Options
    Thank you ifeomaxoxo and good luck to you too!
    I do the Just Dance games on the wii sam and I find them so good because they're enjoyable and tire me out!
    I've only heard of that Kendra when she came on 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' - a show here in the UK. She was annoying haha but that dvd sounds great- it doesn't matter who's on the dvd though as long as they're good :) I'll look out for that one on Amazon.
  • sam_tap4
    Options
    Yeah exactly! It's so much fun! You will have to keep me posted! :)