Getting Motivated

Options
I have tried dieting for many years and tried to lose the infamous 'beer belly' as many guys have these days, this app has really helped me this week as I started my own diet on Sunday and have I lost 9 pounds so far (5 days). This diet will only last until this Sunday as it has been pretty hard and extreme, any tips for when I come off it as so I don't over eat?

Replies

• tesa2984
    tesa2984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Instead of doing a drastic change in your eating try limiting 1 thing each week. For me, I did soft drinks one week then sweets the next then bread and pasta. I'm slowly changing my thoughts on eating. I don't eat out for lunch. I plan my meals ahead of time. I drink green tea 3x a day and eat an avacado everyday as well as snack on almonds in between meals. You will find what works for you. What works for me may not work for you. :smile: good luck on your journey!
  • owendelacy123
    Options
    Yeah I see :) thank you for this I will give it a go when I finish this diet :)
  • laurende1022
    laurende1022 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've been trying for years to do this and I always give up and fail because I try to do such a drastic change. Slow and steady wins the race! Good luck. :)
  • snowyjr75
    snowyjr75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey folks, looking for some motivation. i've lost my weight and am maintaining. help.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    nah youll probably put it all back on. What were you doing to lose your alleged 9lbs in six days. cant say I believe you and either what you are promoting would be classed as unsafe/ unhelathy, you are a troll or a fool.
  • tesa2984 wrote: »
    Instead of doing a drastic change in your eating try limiting 1 thing each week. For me, I did soft drinks one week then sweets the next then bread and pasta. I'm slowly changing my thoughts on eating. I don't eat out for lunch. I plan my meals ahead of time. I drink green tea 3x a day and eat an avacado everyday as well as snack on almonds in between meals. You will find what works for you. What works for me may not work for you. :smile: good luck on your journey!

• owendelacy123
    Options
    I promise you I have lost 9 pounds, the diet I am doing now is only for a week, this consists of one slice of dry toast for breakfeast, any amount of fruit (in my case 5-7 pieces) and meat and a few veg for dinner and only drinking water, the weight I have lost is only water weight and I'm looking for tips for the next step, thank you all for the tips :)
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just a consistent calorie deficit & exercise.

Also rub circles on your belly and pat the top of your head 3 times per day. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!