I fell off the wagon

Options
So since Easter I have struggled - I had a fantastic six weeks over Lent and then was off work for eleven days and have only just returned, and have a weekend away planned this weekend.

So I have seriously fallen off the wagon. While I have been exercising, I have not been watching my diet.

I therefore plan to restart this on Monday 9 May, no excuses. I am going to do another Lent up until 25 June, and hopefully this will be as successful as the one I have just finished.

I am not happy with myself - I was doing well and now it has just gone. I hope I have plenty of motivation out there - add me if you want to help me!!!

Replies

• StartingOver4Me
    Options
    You know what! It takes courage to ask for help and I am here for you! If we never fail we will never know what succeeding actually feels like!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Why wait until May 9? No time like the present to start!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Anyone can fall down, but only the strong can get back up. Start today, and you'll feel even better for it.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Its ok, we all have times where we don't just fall off the wagon, we stumble off head first in front of it, get run over by it, and then dragged behind it for a mile! You just have to pick yourself up and run like the wind after it to get back on. I wouldn't set a date, I would just DO it. :) If you set a date you might get there and make up excuses to why you aren't ready still and then push it back.

You are not alone. I think everyone goes through this at least once :) Hang in there.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Don't feel bad... I fell off the wagon over Easter too!! I think it was all the Easter candy my 3 boys got and that their Dad and I can't keep our hands off of. The important thing is that we stop and refocus. This has always been the hardest part for me (getting back on track after one or more "bad" diet days).
  • katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    Options
    It's not just a diet. It's a lifestyle change that has to start with you. There's no time limit, there's no finish line. You have to get up and move around a little more, eat better and you'll change your life. Start now! You'll have holidays and weekends away in the future, what's going to stop you from falling off again?
  • SlimDownDani
    Options
    Everyone slips up. I know that my problem areas are the weekends. It's so easy to just not get up and go for a run or to eat the left over pizza from my boyfriend's guy’s night. It's okay to relapse a little bit. What is important is that you caught yourself!

Good Luck on the 9th! If you can do it once, you can do it again. I’m certain you won’t be in short supply of support!
    :happy:
  • dsdugan
    dsdugan Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."

"Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.”

Best of luck to you! :-)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Why wait until May 9? No time like the present to start!

I agree! I've found in the past when I set a future date to start eating right, I tend to binge my way through the days in between. If you're not happy with yourself, why continue to be unhappy for 4 more days? Today is a new day, take advantage of it.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I know how you feel. I put 6lb on in two weeks while away at Easter - I couldnt resist Mum's home-baking. Dont beat yourself up. Try and choose wisely over the weekend, it will make you feel better. If you cant resist just get back on it on Monday. I will be there for you. Have a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Feel free to "friend" me. I fell off the wagon right around Easter too after I had had some success. I am still trying to get myself to think of this in terms of a life-style change and not a short term project. My first mistake was that I stopped tracking my daily meals because I knew they were kind of rediculously not "diet like" and instead of owning what I was doing it was like if I didn't track it it didn't mean anything. I'm owning my problem and I'm back. Welcome back when you are ready :flowerforyou:
  • RocknnRobin
    RocknnRobin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do NOT beat yourself up over this. Chalk it off to being on vacation, and move forward.

I actually purposefully do not track calories during my vacation time—even if I never left home. That's what a break is for. I don't go hogwild and eat everything in sight—but if I want a piece of sweetness, I have it. This is like scuba diving or horsebackriding or any other treat I get to do on vacation. I allow myself the mental break from being nitpicky over things during these days, and calorie crunching is one of those semi-obsessive things I let go of. (that, and my email and cellphone. >:))

Katihamlin is right. This is a lifestyle. You take breaks, and your back on.
  • JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. But don't wait until May 9th either. You can start eating and living more healthily starting now!!
  • djlorid
    djlorid Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too - and then the wagon ran me over and it was full of Peeps, chocolate eggs and jellybeans ;) - get back up, wipe it off and buy some strawberries! They finally taste good again since the weather is nicer.... you can do it!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me over Easter. We also had potlucks, and miserable weather, so it was hard to get out and walk, and I had a serious "don't care" attitude. Now that I'm back in the groove, I feel a lot better!
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's ok, like someone said this is a lifestyle change. If we don't make provisions for the holidays, vacations and othe real life situations than we become discouraged. Don't be discouraged, now that you have the tools at your fingertips you know where to come and what to do in order to be successful in your journey. We are all here for the same reason, to get healthy! You will be ok, I'm cheering for you :flowerforyou: add me as a friend if you'd like. Good luck!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This is nothing to beat yourself up about...I fall off the wagon every other week, but never set a date for when you're gonna make things right. Do it today and you'll feel much better about how you're handling things. Every day is a new start for me...maybe if you look at it that way it will help. You can do this! Just start that logging today!!!!!:tongue:
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Look at each day as a new begining and remeber small changes mean alot. Ask yourself, "am I doning better than I was?" And then look for a small change that will make things a little better. If we do that each day it's a renewal of our commitment to ourself and doesn't matter if you fall. It's not the falling that hurts it when you stay down and never try to get up.