Should I use a personal trainer if I have a history of disordered eating?

Options
Hi guys! I lost ~10 pounds last year by eating clean and exercising, and my goal right now is to maintain weight. Unfortunately, I think I overtrained in the past and developed some disordered eating thoughts that I'm now working to get rid of. I've had issues with bingeing and exercising out of guilt. I'm now trying to eat more and do easy exercises, like yoga and walking, to let my body rest. My question is - do you think it would be a good idea to reach out to a personal trainer who could help me craft an appropriate workout/meal plan? Or is this just another way to keep obsessing unhealthily over food? Thanks!

Replies

• ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Absolutely it was the best thing I did 2 years ago with MD recommendations. I told my trainer all medical information and background in training and it has helped to teach me to listen to body and know when I am overtraining. He also helped me to develop program that was good for restarting and not going from zero to 100. Meal plan is great make sure they have some professional training in and are aware of how to work with ED. Yes, I was told go home more than once because I was working too hard and that's hard but it has worked to keep me safe and going for goals. Good luck!
  • maybelle184
    Options
    That's super helpful! I'll start researching for one now!