20 kg to lose!

Options
Have been consistent with cardiovascular but struggling with diet. Any tips for weight that is not shifting. Am 47 5 ft 7 and sitting around 94 kilos

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Your weight will shift when you start logging consistently. Cardio is great and all, but you can't outrun a bad diet. All you need for weight loss is a caloric deficit.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Try some new things. Find places you can add. Some people find it helpful to add veggies like lots of frozen, fresh, or canned veggies: broccoli, swiss chard, kale, spinach, romaine, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, avocados, okra, cauliflower, bell peppers, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, winter squash, brussels sprouts, cucumbers, green beans.
    You might want to reduce bread, pasta, pizza, rice, corn, potatoes, cereal, popcorn.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You don't need tips - you already know your problem: " struggling with diet ", he said.

Tighten up that ship, and you'll sail right on through the weight loss.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Tip: Eat less.

I spent most of last summer improving my overall fitness level and thinking I must be losing weight as well, since my clothes were fitting better, etc. But when I stepped on the scale, I discovered that I was as heavy as I had ever been. I started tracking calories, just to see how much I was really eating and have been losing weight ever since.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss will not come from cardio. As you know, you can't exercise a bad diet. Weigh and measure your food, log accurately and eat at a deficit. This will bring the loss you're looking for.
  • chikosola
    Options
    Thanks very helpful!
  • chikosola
    Options
    Tip: Eat less.

I spent most of last summer improving my overall fitness level and thinking I must be losing weight as well, since my clothes were fitting better, etc. But when I stepped on the scale, I discovered that I was as heavy as I had ever been. I started tracking calories, just to see how much I was really eating and have been losing weight ever since.

• chikosola
    Options
    Useful Timothy...going through exactly the same problem. Shall connecentrate on reducing cals
  • chikosola
    Options
    You don't need tips - you already know your problem: " struggling with diet ", he said.

Tighten up that ship, and you'll sail right on through the weight loss.
    Sergeant Sir! Thanks!

• chikosola
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Try some new things. Find places you can add. Some people find it helpful to add veggies like lots of frozen, fresh, or canned veggies: broccoli, swiss chard, kale, spinach, romaine, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, avocados, okra, cauliflower, bell peppers, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, winter squash, brussels sprouts, cucumbers, green beans.
    You might want to reduce bread, pasta, pizza, rice, corn, potatoes, cereal, popcorn.
    Very useful....especially the fact that I need to get full but on good stuff...