My Success Story - 100lbs Down!

Options
Hi everyone! I recently wrote a blog post for a friend about my weight loss journey so far. So far I've dropped over 100lbs and I feel great! I quit drinking soda, quit smoking and completely overhauled how I eat. This didn't happen without some help along the way and I would love it if you would read my full story!

http://www.skinnyfatlife.com/mikes-weight-loss-success-story

kjs0aplqnnbd.jpeg
jah15oejf08f.jpeg

Replies

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!! Great job - that's a total transformation!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I read the story. It was so moving. I actually wanted more! You said you parents are also overweight. How have they reacted to your new lifestyle? What did they think of the article? Are you in maintenance or still trying to lose weight or reach other goals. You look absolutely amazing. I think your story will inspire a lot of people. Thank you for sharing it.
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you did a awesome job. You Look great.
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I know that feeling too well of when it seems as though you're being judged by others when going to the gym or working out outdoors. This same mindset kept me out of the gym many times; however, I believe that people are going to judge no matter what and I would no longer allow those judgements to hold me back. Thanks again!!!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Congratulations!
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Your story was so moving and inspirational! Thank you for sharing! I kicked my soda habit as a first step too and over a year later I have never looked back. Do I miss sipping a cool soda on a hot day? You bet! But I'd rather sip on water and look good in my bathing suit! :) Keep it up! You are doing great!
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats-read your blog post. You really worked through a lot to get where you are. Keep it up.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :# i just love your story!! I can relate at some many levels that i just gonna say THANK YOU. i know exactly what you mean fat parents, fat brothers and sisters, and u just think well this is how i'm suppose to be, i never new any different..
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nice work handsome!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Congratulations!
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :D
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your journey. So much of what you experienced emotionally of being big resonated with me, so gave me another view of why I have the negative feelings and the positive resolve to achieve weight loss this time.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done honey. :) Now I'm off to read your blog!
  • mkletzien
    mkletzien Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    I read the story. It was so moving. I actually wanted more! You said you parents are also overweight. How have they reacted to your new lifestyle? What did they think of the article? Are you in maintenance or still trying to lose weight or reach other goals. You look absolutely amazing. I think your story will inspire a lot of people. Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks for reading! My parents have been extremely supportive of my weight loss and tell me all the time how proud of me they are. I've tried to get both of them onboard with eating healthy and basic exercise but neither one of them have stuck with it. I haven't given up on trying to make that happen but in the end its their choice to make and I can't make them follow in my footsteps. I actually haven't shared the blog post with them. My mom tends to take things personally and I feel like the parts about them might hurt her feelings. I've shared my feelings and struggles with her along the way so I feel like that's good enough. My Dad and I don't really talk about feelings a whole lot and he doesn't know that I've been going to counseling. If he finds out, that's fine but its not something that I feel the need to share with him.

I'm still trying to lose a little more weight. I would like to get down to 165 which is another 5 pounds. Maintenance scares me a bit just because I've been in "lose as much as I can" mode for so long. I know i'll figure it out but its something I'm a bit concerned about.
  • mkletzien
    mkletzien Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    :# i just love your story!! I can relate at some many levels that i just gonna say THANK YOU. i know exactly what you mean fat parents, fat brothers and sisters, and u just think well this is how i'm suppose to be, i never new any different..

It can be a really tough idea to let go of. When you've had that idea in your head for a long time, its really tough to push that aside and realize that you are capable of changing that. Keep working hard and you certainly can achieve your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!