NSV at The Gap

kar328
kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
Now that the holidays are over and the malls are back to normal, I took myself shopping. Not something I usually do, I'm the one who orders online and has no clue to the number size I now wear after losing 83 lbs.

It was a bit overwhelming at first, I hit a few department stores, but seeing that the sizes on the hangers didn't match the labels, I finally gave up. I went to the Gap to try on jeans. Turns out I can sit, touch my toes and continue to breathe in a size 12! I haven't worn real jeans in years and the last numbered clothes I wore were 24 and a few 26. It's definitely weird and I think I can unsubscribe from the emails I get from the big girls' stores.

:D

Replies

• oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Congrats it is nice buying clothes off the rack
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Awesome!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Awesome!
  • ellisboyd1
    ellisboyd1 Posts: 67 Member
    I was a fat kid. I wore jeans for the first time aged 25. weird experience.
  • chuck636
    chuck636 Posts: 258 Member
    I used to HATE clothes shopping!!! Everything I liked either looked terrible on me or was miles from my size...now if I have extra money to spend I love buying a new outfit and shopping at the stores that I thought were for "the skinnies"
  • AlliterationGR
    AlliterationGR Posts: 14 Member
    Jeans!!!! Congrats!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Great job!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Congratulations!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    That's my goal. To fit back into my size 12 clothes.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    That's fantastic!! I hope you bought those jeans. :)
  • urdialese
    urdialese Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    I hear you. I've gone from a 24 to an 8. Unsubscribing from lane Bryant emails was a very happy day considering I'm 37 and have been shopping there since I was 13!!!
  • That's awesome!
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    that's incredible!! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Thank you all :D Yes, I bought the jeans and am wearing them to work later, along with a medium top. It's still weird to comprehend. I need a few more pieces of transitional clothing and maybe now I'll try a few things on.
  • laurende1022
    laurende1022 Posts: 28 Member
    Jeans shopping is the worst, to come out of it feeling great is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    So cool, and enjoy the jeans :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    WOOOHOOO!! =D I can't wait til I can get rid of my lane bryant card. =p
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Fantastic! Sometimes an experience like that is SO much more satisfying than a number on a scale. Keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!