using the barcode scanner with metric system.

Options
maybe im missing the obvious but how can i access metric measurements when using the barcode scanner?

ill click add entry...barcode scanner...scan the item. but only english units show up.

so to be clear i want to use the barcode scanner and have metric units be the default or at least accessible.

thanks

Replies

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding the scanner only pulls the corresponding information from the website; it has nothing to do with units in-it-of-itself and doesn't actually pull the raw numbers from the product. You will need to use a unit converter. I'd suggest this one;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wopnersoft.unitconverter&hl=en

Save grams converted to ounces and ounces converted to grams as favorites and you'll be good to go. Good luck!
  • Tornadoes_R_Fun
    Options
    the scanner pulls english units. for example. if i scan tuna it will give me the nutrition for 4 ounces of it. or i can switch to 1 ounce. what i cant do(or figure out) is how to switch that to metric.

its so much easier using grams rather than ounces.
  • CoolDad67
    CoolDad67 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You have to get a metric scanner. :p
  • astridtheviking
    astridtheviking Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It depends on the individual products. I eat a lot of foods that are specially imported from Nordic countries so when I enter an item like gravlax, it pulls up the appropriate measurement in grams; if I scan a carton of almond milk from the States it pull up the measurement in English units.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a way to change it.
  • Tornadoes_R_Fun
    Options
    it amazes if there is no solution for this. anyone know of an app that pull metric info from barcodes?
  • janiesb
    janiesb Posts: 1
    Options
    Where is the barcode scanner?
  • benny771
    benny771 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im guessing its on the app for myfitnesspal