Options
Hello I'm a newbie, and would like to meet some others trying to get in shape and eat healthy. I have always started and stopped but this time I'm determined to do this! If anyone knows any great meals, workouts or tips send them my way. :)

Replies

• shoefairy13
    Options
    My favourite healthy, low-fat meal is this:
    Shakshouka, serves 2, 178 cal per portion.
    1 1/2 tsp olive oil
    1/2 medium onion, peeled and diced
    1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
    1 red pepper, chopped
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper
    2 eggs
    1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

1) warm oil in a pan (I tend to use my crock pot), add onion and saute till it begins to soften. Add garlic and chopped pepper, cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until softened
    2) stir in the tomatoes and tomato puree, together with the spices, and simmer for a further 5 to 7 minutes, until the mixture starts to reduce.
    3) Season, then crack the eggs directly over the tomato mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the egg whites are firm, the yolks still runny and the sauce has slightly reduced. Garnish with chopped parsley

Hubby loves this with a grilled chicken breast or some good bread, I have it as it is. Enjoy!
  • sweet_lovegirl
    sweet_lovegirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favourite healthy, loit -fat meal is this:
    1 1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 red pepper, chopped
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper
    2 eggs

1) warm oil in a pan (I tend to use my crock pot), add onion and saute till it begins to soften. Add garlic and chopped pepper, cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until softened
    2) stir in the tomatoes and tomato puree, together with the spices, and simmer for a further 5 to 7 minutes, until the mixture starts to reduce.
    3) Season, then crack the eggs directly over the tomato mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the egg whites are firm, the yolks still runny and the sauce has slightly reduced. Garnish with chopped parsley

Hubby loves this with a grilled chicken breast or some good bread, I have it as it is. Enjoy!

Wow looks yummy I will try it.. but how much cal dose It have??
  • hanscanlan
    hanscanlan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Copy that recipe right into MFP and it'll tell you the calories and everything else. I love that app!
  • clac84
    clac84 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds good, thank you
    quote="shoefairy13;30798469"]My favourite healthy, low-fat meal is this:
    1 1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 red pepper, chopped
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper
    2 eggs

Hubby loves this with a grilled chicken breast or some good bread, I have it as it is. Enjoy![/quote]

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love MFP, I have learnt so much about what I was putting in my mouth. Using it reminds me to think about nutrition as well as calories. Feeling great and you will too!