I cannot deal with my chocolate addiction

Options
I am new here and my problem to lose weight is that I eat so much chocolate but I cannot stop it. I have tried it so hard but it produces me anxiety. Can anyone help me? :)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can have chocolate, as long as you don't binge hard so you hinder your progress.

Allocate some of your calories for a small piece of chocolate, and then put it away so you don't eat it all.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    ^^ agreed with above. It may help to prelog your entire day out and count a serving of chocolate in there. It's kind of like having your cake and eating it too...but its chocolate :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You don't need to stop eating chocolate. You need to learn how to eat it in moderation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You don't need to stop eating chocolate. You need to learn how to eat it in moderation.

This!
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I struggle with chocolate, too. If it's offered, I want it. And knowing that, I make sure to try and reserve some of my calories each day for some.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

This!

+1
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pudding in individual containers.
  • stixwithit
    stixwithit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My dietician told me to buy those Halloween sized packages if I need chocolate. Take small bites.
    More importantly, you might want to track when you crave the chocolate the most. Before a meal, when you are stressed.... and work on strategies to change the habit.
    I love my chocolate too and have to be very in-tune to my cravings.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day. However, one deal I have with myself is that my daily chocolate is dark. Dark chocolate has such a strong flavor I only need a few squares to satisfy me. (My absolute favorite kind is Chocolove Orange Peel in Dark Chocolate.) I very rarely have other types of chocolate, generally speaking only when I've decided to consciously splurge. Since I eat chocolate every day, I am not very tempted by other sources of chocolate. Perhaps that would work for you.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Buy dark chocolate. One square is much more satisfying and you're often less likely to eat the whole bar.
  • andrea47715
    andrea47715 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my weakness Also. I get a bag of the bite size candy bars. I have snickers, milkey way, and 3 musketeer. When I 1st started counting calories I allowed myself a few pieces everyday. I just made sure I stayed within my aloted calories. Now that I have been using the app for 2 months and have had great results, I still have my chocolate, I have cut it down to just a few pieces a week.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Seek a psychiatrist
  • astridtheviking
    astridtheviking Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Seek a psychiatrist

I wouldn’t normally recommend this but really, if you’re having such problems with chocolate that you’ve tried many times to stop eating it and it causes you anxiety, I would say it may be the point where you need to see a professional.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Think of calories like money. I plan to spend 85 calories on two mini-Snickers later.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the best anyway.
  • HappyRachel123
    HappyRachel123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can have chocolate, as long as you don't binge hard so you hinder your progress.

Allocate some of your calories for a small piece of chocolate, and then put it away so you don't eat it all.

• painfullyshy84
    painfullyshy84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How to quit chocolate. :smiley: I have done this a few times as I am terrible with chocolate. It works well for me and hope it might help someone else.

1. Eat all the chocolate in the house, including any chocolate substitutions such as biscuits, cake, pudding, milo, drinking chocolate, icecream, topping.
    2. Don't buy ANY of the above and take it home. Promise yourself 1 chocolate splurge per week. I get to have mine on shopping day. I usually stuff it in my face just after I've loaded the groceries into the car :smiley:
    3. If you just can't take it any more, make sure you have to go out and buy chocolate and eat it straight away. Don't keep chocolate in the house. Do not take it home.
    5. Go one month without chocolate.
    6. After a month, only allow chocolate substitutes like biscuits or cake in your home but Not blocks, bars, or boxes of chocolate. After 2 months you can allow choc in your home. If you keep eating too much, no chocolate in the house for another month.

I seriously get headaches irritable, sick in the guts, head ache when I quit chocolate. Up your caffene intake as well, that helps. No chocolate.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    vanesasr4 wrote: »
    I am new here and my problem to lose weight is that I eat so much chocolate but I cannot stop it. I have tried it so hard but it produces me anxiety. Can anyone help me? :)

I had the same issue with added sugar and in my case the only way I could get in control was to stop eating all food with added sugar cold turkey. I was hellish for two weeks then the carb cravings just faded away thankfully. I did tell myself sugar was poison to my body. :)
  • gabby68mfp
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic too and have put on 15lbs, which is why I'm here. I have been drinking Green & Black's dark chocolate at night made w/ water. It's only 80 cal and seems to satisfy my chocolate craving