Looking for vegan friends!

Options
I'm here to track my protein and fats. Also, I hope I can get into the habit of walking, running, maybe even swimming someday! Would love to have fitness motivation and healthy support from other vegans! We can swap recipes and have fun pushing each other to greatness! Whatever we need, we're in this together. Vegan chocolate chip cookies for everyone!

Replies

• Wonderdash
    Wonderdash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jules_1995
    Options
    Fantastic idea- especially the cookies! :)
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Woop woop! I'm in :D
  • K73harjit150
    Options
    Using the my fitness app has enabled me to view my daily nutritional intake. But being a lacto vegetarian it's difficult for me to maintain a healthy protein balance-Any ideas anyone ?????????
  • Wonderdash
    Wonderdash Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Using the my fitness app has enabled me to view my daily nutritional intake. But being a lacto vegetarian it's difficult for me to maintain a healthy protein balance-Any ideas anyone ?????????

"Only 10 percent of the total calories consumed by the average human being needs to be in the form of protein. The recommended dietary allowance for both men and women is 0.8 grams of protein for every kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight." - Protein

You can get protein from Peas, Walnuts, Chickpeas, (a.k.a. Garbonzo Beans), Quinoa, Nut & Seed Butters, Beans, Tofu, Tempeh, Edamame, Leafy Greens, Hemp, Chia Seeds, Sesame, sunflower and poppy seeds, Seitan, Non-dairy milk (I love the Cashew Milk!), Unsweetened cocoa powder, and so much more. It just takes some planning and researching so you know how much protein you're getting. You can also try vegan protein powder for something quick to add to a smoothie. (:
  • boottexy
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm vegan for almost 3 years! I'm from portugal, from the north, and here we don't have a great vegan community :( what u guys think about caffein pills? To lose weight and to improve the performance of my study. I'm on the college and I really have to be on fire on this finals but I'm concerned with my health to! I would like to meat vegan people! Sorry for the misspelling :/ GET FIT! GO VEGAN!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    For those looking for more protein, tempeh is awesome. I don't know how I've lived without it for the last 22 years of vegetarianism! Eggs are also like packs of protein power (no good for the vegans sorry).

Boottexy, caffeine pills won't help you lose weight. It may look like they do in the short term, but that's just the diuretic effect (ie you're just losing water). There are also better ways to keep yourself more alert for study. Make sure you're eating properly, getting some exercise, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep :). I find yoga excellent for making me more alert, but any exercise gets oxygen to your brain.