Lifting after breast augmentation

Options
It's been about 6 weeks since my procedure and I'm ready to gently ease into upper body exercises. My implants were placed under the muscle so I need to avoid straining my chest. (No push ups, bench press, etc.) What are some good shoulder/back/bicep exercises I can do with minimal chest involvement?

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Here is one place for you to start reading: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122362451

There are a few other threads about this on their site, too. Good luck!
  • CeolaDavis
    Options
    After thinking about breast implants on and off for about 10 years I finally decided to do it! I'm excited but at the same time really nervous about it. I just want to make sure I don't go to big or to small. I'm 44 yrs old a mom of three beautiful kids ages 23, 7, and 5 and breast feed all three and my breast are deflated, uneven and just not what they use to be. I had my consultation and my ps said I could do 375cc's but I'm still wondering if I want him to fill them to 40I had my consultation and my ps said I could do 375cc's but I'm still wondering if I want him to fill them to 400.
  • foxtayle
    foxtayle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd like to bump this post. I had my breast augmentation in Feb 2013, and in Dec 2014 had a secondary surgery to adjust the implants since I was beginning to drop/pocket. My implants are also under the muscle and previous bottoming out wasn't helped with engaging my pectoral muscles as much as I did.

I don't want another repeat fix procedure, so am looking for good upper body (back, shoulder, bi/tri) exercises with minimal engagement of the chest muscles. Will also check out the link above, but the more suggestions, the better!
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Foxtayle

Your post has worried me as I had large implants under the muscle in August 2014. I followed the advice of my surgeon and went back to exercise gradually, however I am now back to lifting heavy barbells and also doing any chest exercises such as press ups, pull ups etc. I have had no problems with my implants so far, did you have issues straight away when you began chest exercises? What were your symptoms?

Any advice would be appreciated!! :)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    After you have fully recovered, you can do pretty much any exercises, push-ups, bench press, etc. It shouldn't be a problem.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    In for sweater stretchers.