Need some tips and help

Options
I just found out i have a temp case of hip bursitis and need some advise for lower body, core strength, and cardio aside from swimming.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Tough call, can your doctor that provided that diagnosis refer you to a Physical Therapist? I'm sure there was some prescribed treatment that accompanied the diagnosis.
  • eek711
    eek711 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just ibuprofen, ice, and rest. Physical therapy is overrated and overpriced in my experience. Its not a burst sack or anything but he did say lay off anything that tugs on the hamstrings or extended repetitive impactful movements like running.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    I see... Not sure what to say other than rest. Your hips are so involved in all movement, even something like a simple Front Plank might aggravate it. There might be something but I can't think of anything at this time unfortunately.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    If your goal is fat loss, just maintain a calorie deficit and you'll continue to make progress.

What do you think started the bursitis? Running too much too soon?
  • Cacheola
    Cacheola Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try skipping
  • eek711
    eek711 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    If your goal is fat loss, just maintain a calorie deficit and you'll continue to make progress.

What do you think started the bursitis? Running too much too soon?

I separated my shoulder in April and was pretty much out of commission for everything. I think i flat out pushed too hard and overdid everything - especially running - when i was good to go with the shoulder. Then i "fight through" it like i'm some 20 year old hard *kitten*.

Swimming is about it for cardio other than some basket ball with the kid but swimming gets seriously boring for me after 2 laps.