Alcoholic Beverages

Options
cdub78
cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
What is the lowest calorie drink to have? I don't like beer at all so that it totally out of the question. I went to the Red Wings vs. San Jose game last night (Wings lost in OT, put a fork in us we are done!!) I had a few cocktails and when I recorded them in my journal this morning I was like HOLY COW!!! I know I really should give up alcohol completely while trying to lose weight and be healthy but if one were to drink and were trying to lose weight what would be the best choice?

Replies

• gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I tend to go with Vodka and Club soda!
  • tinajjohnson
    Options
    The lowest calorie option is club soda with vodka. Other low cal options are light domestic beers and wine.
  • misjes1
    misjes1 Posts: 18
    Options
    I tend to stick with diet cola cocktails. Captain Morgan and diet coke is my favorite. Its around 70 cals per drink.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Beware of anything with mixers. Try rum or bourbon mixed with a diet coke. Or my fave, bourbon on the rocks :drinker:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'll second vodka and club soda. One of the flavoured vodkas with ice and club soda. It's a great drink on a hot sunny day. Blueberry is awesome.
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You were there?? I'm so jealous! My dad's a Michigan transplant out there, too, and he's always getting teased at work for supporting the Wings. If they could just win against the Sharks ONCE, things could be so much easier. haha Aaaanyway...as far as your question, I've never had one myself, but I've heard a Seabreeze is a good low-cal fruity drink.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Coke or a glass of Wine, not crazy about Diet Coke, but no calories in it.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    When it starts getting warm I like Diet Sprite and vodka. If you like fruity-ish stuff, I sometimes throw in a splash of G2, in it, too. :drinker:
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    a spirit (vodka or white rum is best) with Soda, or a light wine with soda are the lowest. you can use flavoured spirits, or add lime if you dont like them as is.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i do diet soda with liquor.

search, theres 100 other threads about this same topic
  • Gazzaway
    Gazzaway Posts: 13
    Options
    Here's a good article. I hope this helps.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails

BG
  • ajtom1
    ajtom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from mixers just because I don't drink soda and many of the juices added have a lot of unwanted cals/carbs. I am a bartender and I do have people that order their liquor of choice with water. I haven't tried it but it doesn't sound to bad. You don't get the added "extras". Maybe it is something you can try!
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the information! I will do some more research. It's going to be harder to not drink at all now that summer is rolling around (maybe we will get warm weather here in Michigan eventually) I just need to make smart choices and not over do it! Congrats on your weight loss journeys!
  • pollysunshine
    Options
    i'm a beer drinker LOL so i'm sunk ... but i really love vodka & club soda. it's a great drink, especially in the summer ... really light & refreshing. add a wedge of lemon or lime to it. depending on the size of the drink & the amount of vodka in it, there's generally less than 100 calories per drink ... but that kind of math doesn't work once you've had a few !!)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and diet tonic. I really like the Food Lion brand of diet tonic because it's made with Splenda.
  • techteacher371
    Options
    I do 4 oz of a sugar free energy drink and shot of vodka or cherry vodka and some crystal light..YUMEE!!!!