The old pair of jeans

Options
How many of you have an old pair of jeans that sit in your closest reminding your of your real goal? I know I have a pair that I wore in college and haven't gotten into in maybe 8 years.

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I got rid of all of that about 10 years ago when I started gaining weight again. On the flip side, I have removed all of my "fat" clothes this time after losing weight...those bigger pants that I kept around last time "just in case". Not planning on a "just in case" this time around!
    Can't wait to hear that you are wearing those old jeans!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THEM!!!!!! AND THEY FIT! They are very old gap jeans with the frayed edges....they are so worn and soft because they were my favorite jeans forever....but 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child they got put away and I have not been able to wear them again....until now! I finally got in them and buttoned they properly (without sucking in) However, they are so worn in and soft that the edges around the pockets are starting to fray. I would like to lose a few more lbs before I actually wear them again! I would hate to bend over or squat down and ruin them after all this time! (lol)
  • chapsworth
    chapsworth Posts: 4
    Options
    I've just bought a new pair of jeans, waist 34". First time in that size for about 12 years!

4 months ago gave away a nice running top that was too small - that would now fit.
  • abeesinger
    abeesinger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I DO! I lost a little weight years ago and my mom bought me these pink jeans that I loved but never fit into. I will fit into them this time.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I got rid of all of that about 10 years ago when I started gaining weight again. On the flip side, I have removed all of my "fat" clothes this time after losing weight...those bigger pants that I kept around last time "just in case". Not planning on a "just in case" this time around!
    Can't wait to hear that you are wearing those old jeans!

That is awesome!! You can do it this time!! And I do have plenty of pants I am "growing back into" or "shrinking back into" as it may be lol!! I seem to never throw pants away until my husband finds a pair all torn up then he throws them lol!!
  • spiritmachine
    Options
    I HAVE THEM!!!!!! AND THEY FIT! They are very old gap jeans with the frayed edges....they are so worn and soft because they were my favorite jeans forever....but 5 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child they got put away and I have not been able to wear them again....until now! I finally got in them and buttoned they properly (without sucking in) However, they are so worn in and soft that the edges around the pockets are starting to fray. I would like to lose a few more lbs before I actually wear them again! I would hate to bend over or squat down and ruin them after all this time! (lol)

Good work! That must be a great feeling.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I definitely still have my jeans from when I was thinner, but even those are too big for my taste. I want to go BEYOND what I was before :)
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I first met my boyfriend, almost 2 years ago I used to wear these silky skin tight trousers that he said he absolutely LOVED on me! I'm a bit of a way off fitting into them now but I am determined to get back into them again!
  • wnt2bbggr
    wnt2bbggr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    the old pair of jeans? try about a dozen pairs! I've kept them for about 5 years now, they're all waist size 32, and packed them away when they didn't fit. My waist size got all they way up to 36, and now I'm back down to a 34.
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Options
    Everytime I have to buy a smaller size, I also buy 1 in the next size down to motivate me to keep going! And I immediately get rid of all the ones that are too big.
  • spiritmachine
    Options
    the old pair of jeans? try about a dozen pairs! I've kept them for about 5 years now, they're all waist size 32, and packed them away when they didn't fit. My waist size got all they way up to 36, and now I'm back down to a 34.

Yeah, I'm at 34 now and the mystical dream jeans are a 30.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love it! That is what I say, after all this hard work there won't be a next time!