Exercise for the inner thigh!

Options
Anyone have a good exercise for the inner thigh?

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    Anyone have a good exercise for the inner thigh?
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Lay on your side with your arm holding your head up. Extend both legs out and lift feet and lower legs off the ground. Take bottom leg and bring up so it's crisscrossing over the other leg. Repeat for x number of reps and then switch sides. This is a pilates move and it's also great for your core because both feet are raised off the floor, which makes you have to work to stabalize yourself.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    sounds confusing
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will make them less fat is cardio... But to tone the muscle... plie (sp?) squats. Or lie on your back on a aerobic step. Loop a resistance band under the step and put the handles over your feet. Drop your legs open (like a big V) and close them. Another thing... Straddle an exercise ball and squeeze your thighs together.

I only know the last two, because I went to a new class and we did them last night. Dang, I can feel my thighs today!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Lay on your side with your arm holding your head up. Extend both legs out and lift feet and lower legs off the ground. Take bottom leg and bring up so it's crisscrossing over the other leg. Repeat for x number of reps and then switch sides. This is a pilates move and it's also great for your core because both feet are raised off the floor, which makes you have to work to stabalize yourself.

You can also adapt this move and leave the top leg on the floor, and just raise the lower leg. But it doesn't work you as hard, and doesn't involve the core as much, if at all.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    squats and a stairmaster....
    I do squats with weights and it is VERY effective....
    I try to do the stairmaster at least 25-55minutes 5 days a week.
  • gmukris
    Options
    sounds confusing

It's not confusing, I just explained it like crap.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    sounds confusing

Well I must be a confusing person too - I know what you mean - I think
    on your side and you "v" like step over with the top leg over the lower leg and then lift the lower leg??
  • gmukris
    Options
    sounds confusing

Well I must be a confusing person too - I know what you mean - I think
    on your side and you "v" like step over with the top leg over the lower leg and then lift the lower leg??

exactly! :flowerforyou:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use a short resistance band. I hook it onto the leg of a chair or something stable. I then put the other end around my ankle and pull that leg across the front of my other. I do about 20 reps on each leg. It has helped a lot!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Heres one for ya!

Squat to the ground, butt back-knees over ankles-do not let them go over the foot

spread your legs in a V-toes pointing out slightly

reach under and grab your ankles.looks like some crazy yoga pose, and maybe that is where I got it!

now go up as far as you can, lifting the butt up, but keeping the knees in line with your ankle.You should feel the inside and outside of your legs....if you dont, then adjust accordingly.

It is hard to 'get it' at first, but I can tell you I have never felt muscles on the inside and out side of my legs like I do now!

I do 3 sets of 10-20 depending on time and energy 2 times a week.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Heres one for ya!

Squat to the ground, butt back-knees over ankles-do not let them go over the foot

reach under and grab your ankles.looks like some crazy yoga pose, and maybe that is where I got it!

now go up as far as you can, lifting the butt up, but keeping the knees in line with your ankle.You should feel the inside and outside of your legs....if you dont, then adjust accordingly.

It is hard to 'get it' at first, but I can tell you I have never felt muscles on the inside and out side of my legs like I do now!

Sounds good, but would KILL my knees....certain exercises absolutely hurt like H E double hockey sticks.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Heres one for ya!

Sounds good, but would KILL my knees....certain exercises absolutely hurt like H E double hockey sticks.

Yes, my friend with bad knees said NO WAY...but I had all the other ladies in her gym doing it!! :flowerforyou: