P90x?

Options
HaleyAlli
HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
I have heard countless supporters of P90x say it's the best... Is it good for someone who wants to be muscular but not like, ripped? I don't want to look like a man when I'm done (lol) and I have a weak stomach, so I've kind of been holding off on this method, because I've heard it's tough... However, I am having a hard time shedding the fat, so would this be a good choice for me?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You will not look like a man when you're done. Go to their website and look at before and afters of women that completed it. I believe you'll find the answers you're looking for.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It is very tough and you should have a foundation of fitness before you start, but you can always work up to it. You will see that there are three versions you can do on p90x: "Classic, Lean, and Doubles". If you do the "Lean" version, you will more tone your muscles than add bulk. I've been doing "classic" with some "Doubles" mixed in and have definately added some bulk (which sounds bad), but I do NOT look like a man at all. I recommend P90X to anyone wanting to get in shape, we need to build muscle if we want to burn fat. Plus, as we age, we lose muscle. So, you'll want to maintain what you have too.
  • crossarmant
    crossarmant Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's difficult no doubt, but it is definitely not the most grueling difficult thing in the world. It will not make you look like some hulking male body-builder either. Do your best and keep with it, keep your diet intact and you will get everything you could possibly want from it. There will be times of doubt while doing it, but trust the system for 3 months. I know I was in awful shape when I started and the first month I felt like I'd never be able to do any of it gracefully but if you keep with it you'll get way better.

It's been a year since I started and it's definitely paid off, and after you finish the 90 days you can keep doing it or mix it up with other activities to maintain, just don't ever stop moving.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    It will not make you look like a man. I did my first round of P90X in May 1st, 2010 so It has been a year!!! I started with 154 and went down to 127. I lost the fat, and got really toned but I didn't look bulky or like a man. In fact, my arms were better than they were when I was a competitive swimmer some 20 years ago.

It is a very demanding workout but that can be done if you commit to it, I will not say it is impossible. The first week was pretty tough for me (before that I had a gym membership that I really didn't use much and went to some zumba classes 3 times a week so is not like I was in top shape before starting the program) and a lot of people give up after the first month. I know I almost did even though I saw results as early as week 2. I did the classic version and commit to it for the entire 90 days. I did miss about a full week of workouts because of a scheduled vacation.

P90X also teaches you how to eat. After I finish the program I did it again here and there but never really commit to it like I did my first round and I still manage to stay in shape and keep my current weight. I started another round 4 weeks ago and so far I have done pretty good and getting toned seems easier and faster.

I posted before and after pics in the teambeachbody.com site along with my stats. My username there is Maria75

I will encourage you to do it. You will be amazed at the results if you stick to it.
  • MaribelDM
    MaribelDM Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello HalleyAlli,

I gotta tell ya....not a big fan of P90X. i purchased it last summer and reallllllly tried to get into it but couldn't. i really tried. I dug up my old drawer and pulled out my 6 year old Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVDs! Seriously, i'll mail my P90X to you. I won't use it again. I'm a HUGE fan and BBlanks Tae Bo and i lost back fat and tons of weight after giving birth to both of my gorgeous boys!

Seriously, it's yours if you want it! My gift to you! Just send me an address girl!