Idk what I'm doing wrong

Options
Hey! I'm 18 years old and 5'4 and 150 lbs. I've lost 26 lbs so far over the past three years and have 30 more lbs to go. I have started back up using mfp a little over a month ago, with no weight loss or measurement loss and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong..

I eat decently healthy, for breakfast I eat an omelet, one pc toast and butter, maybe an orange, and some green tea. Then I'll work out for about 30-60 minutes, mix of cardio and bodyweight exercises. Then I'll drink a small protein shake. Then for lunch I'll have chicken and broccoli and baby potatoes. Then another snack I'll have yogurt and nuts. Then for dinner some fish, rice and vegetables. And maybe another snack before bed like some string cheese and turkey slices.

If anyone has any advice id appreciate it and feel free to add me if you like

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Are you logging these foods? Are you eating in a deficit?
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd open your diary if it isn't already so people can take a further look.

It will come down to calories in vs out and logging accuracy.
    Do you eat back exercise calories? If so, how are you judging that? It's typically recommended eating about 50-75% of calories back earned from exercise via mfp due to inaccuracies of burn.
    What's your calorie goal currently? You name a lot of great food but what number are you adhering to?

Do you take cheat days? If so, I'd reign those in and try to log them to the best of your ability. I know if I don't log for a day or two, I can eat up my calorie deficit if I'm not being careful.
  • meghannhackney
    meghannhackney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am. it totals up to around 1500 calories most days. i think my diary is open
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You have several days just this month that are unlogged, partially logged, or wildly low in calories. What's going on on those days? Unfortunately it's really easy to overeat when you aren't tracking, which could account for your stall.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would expect you to be losing still on 1500 calories. Are you weighing and measuring foods? If not, then you can buy a scale at WalMart for under 10 dollars. They aren't very expensive. Meats and nuts should be weighed especially!

You could also increase activity, if possible. Your activity looks good already, but a higher activity level is more calories burned, which should help with your loss.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It's also possible you could be retaining water as well. Sometimes water retention can mask weight loss. Maybe see where you are in a week and reevaluate.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring and then accurately logging everything???????????????????
    It's very easy to over estimate so weighing and logging are a must!!! Consistency is important, get yourself into a routine of weighing everything and then you will know if your really at a deficit or not
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A diary full of nothing but generic label nutritional entries coupled with very optimistic exercise burns. The usual eating more than you think and burning less.
  • meghannhackney
    Options
    I eat back some exercise calories but if i do, i try not to go over 1600 unless i'm really hungry that day. and i use a hrm to measure how much i burn

On some days where i don't finish logging its when i'm out all day and don't have a chance to log my foods

i don't weigh anything but i do measure everything
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
  • meghannhackney
    Options
    Thanks! i'm going to go get a scale tomorrow
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You have to start weighing your food and measuring your liquids
    a cup of cantalope and a medium banana dont give you an accurate amount

Because of this and what you say above " i dont weigh everything" My guess is that you eat more calories than you think

Be honest to your self and get accurate in weighing. So you know how much calories you eat.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think! Just looking at your diary for a couple of days, all of your entries are in cups, tablespoons, etc. Calorie-dense things like mayonnaise or butter are really easy to overeat if you are not weighing and just using a spoon. Using a cup for things like shredded cheese... that can vary wildly depending on how you pack it! Also, a 'large egg' is usually 70-80 cals, not 60.

Tighten up your logging and you will see results :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You've only been logging for a couple of weeks. Weigh and measure and keep in deficit, you'll lose.
  • Sayruh906
    Options
    You also seem to be eating a lot of sodium. I might cut back on the sodium rich foods (or seriously up your water game.... by a lot).