40lbs down 40-50 more to go

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to give some motivation, and get a little :) I started my weight loss journey In August, and I told myself if I could do it through the holidays I can get through anything! I started at 236lbs and now I'm down to 196lbs, and I'm 5'5". It's not been an easy road, and I have to fight my inner monologue that wants to be lazy and eat junk. But it's all so worth it. I'm down a few pant sizes, and feeling great. Next week I'm going to start a new program P90X3 for 90 days and also continue to do my C25k program 3 days a week. My goal is to be down another 40-50lbs by August, now the goal feels more attainable! ay20rg3qj3vg.jpg

Replies

• jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie, congratulations on your progress, im in a similar boat to you~ lost 30lbs, 40lbs more to go, im 5'5 too~~~ maybe we can motivate eachother to reach our goals.. and anyone else similar to us? ^.^
  • Fantastic job. Well done :)
  • jkapp100
    Options
    I want to be able to share a story just like that one. With over 100lbs to loose, I have set my first target at 50lbs...because that would be amazing in its own right.
    Congratulations, you are an inspiration and great motivator.....good luck with the next leg x
  • 20jaracapa20
    20jaracapa20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great work! I love seeing success stories. Such a great motivation!
    Best of luck on the next half of your journey!
  • Sagenettle
    Sagenettle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I'm kind of in the same place. I lost 40 lbs in just a few months' time like 2 years ago and ever since then my weight just wavered back and forth 10 lbs. Trying to get back on track and lose that second half.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    wow you look so amazing! well done, and it sounds like you will smash your goal :smiley:
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X3 this week! I'm 5'6 and want to lose 30+ pounds but mainly am concerned with inches. I'll be a week ahead of you, but we can all motivate each other!
  • lillianmadrigal
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, you look amazing. keep doing the good work, your doing great :D
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I started around the same time but you've lost twice as much. You can absolutely do this! You look gorgeous in both your before and after pics :)
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words! Remember never give up!!!
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    your story is great motivation. I am also trying to lose 35 pounds. I've lost 9.7 and I'm very happy about it but I can't help but to feel like, if I would have never put the weight on, I would be closer to my goal weight. But I'm getting that out of my mind and staying focused. I am determined this time. I love success story so congratulations to you☺
  • Sue_t1104
    Sue_t1104 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fantastic!
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    jimmy0911 wrote: »
    your story is great motivation. I am also trying to lose 35 pounds. I've lost 9.7 and I'm very happy about it but I can't help but to feel like, if I would have never put the weight on, I would be closer to my goal weight. But I'm getting that out of my mind and staying focused. I am determined this time. I love success story so congratulations to you☺
    I totally understand, I'm right now at a point where I've been most of my life, and there are times when I get frustrated that I had to lose 40lbs just to get here. But it's about the life changes, and being determined to be healthy. Most of my life I've been in the 180-190lb range, so for me the big step will be getting under that. Staying focused is key :)
  • Kava532
    Kava532 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • 1healthyme1
    1healthyme1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 30, 50 to go!! good for you with the P90x...feel free to add me if you are looking for buddies with similar goals
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You're doing fantastic!
  • sfranklin2012
    sfranklin2012 Posts: 13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    We seem to be on an identical path. I too started in August at 232 pounds. I am now at 186 and would like to lose an additional 40 pounds. I was being very diligent about getting in a walk daily but as I start to feel and look better and people are noticing the changes, it seems my motivation has taken a bit of a holiday!
  • pkmarlowe7
    Options
    Great job!! I myself have set a goal of obtaining a drop of like 50 lbs by the first week of August. After the holidays I started back in January eating better, staying away from the "sweets" again. So good going for you girl !
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I've lost 50 since September and I too did C25K and now doing P90X. I'd hoping to lose the 60 by August. Good luck to you!