Dietbet??

Options
lilco
lilco Posts: 19 Member
A friend of mine recently recommended I join a Dietbet at www.dietbetter.com. I've been using MFP on and off for a while and I'd love to hear other's opinions on this. I've been feeling unmotivated lately and thought maybe this would give me the motivation I need.

Has anyone ever done this before? Were you successful and would you recommend me joining one?

Replies

• Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ive done a couple of them in the past. I always got my money back and then a few dollars. I wouldnt do it for the actual betting part of it but the motivation to at least get my money back always worked. :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I did a few, but I found the 6 month one to be better, since the calorie restriction is not that steep and it teaches consistency. The payout feels better too. I more than doubled my initial investment which is pretty cool!
  • kapes13
    Options
    That's a great way to get motivated! I won some extra money and went and got some new clothes!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Bump... never heard of it, but would love to hear more!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me. I lose at a snails pace and just can't lose enough that quickly. Only thing I lose was my money. Bummer. Wish I was able to lose that much that quickly though!!
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just joined the 4 week one! I would love to do the 6 month but I'm at my last 20 lbs and I'm scared my losses will slow too much. If anyone's doing the 4 week send me a request!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Love it. I've made over $200 so far (netted).
  • lilco
    Options
    Thanks for responses! So I joined the 4 week one, the "Get Lean in 2015 with Heidi & Chris Powell." I think if I do well on this I'll try the 6-month one, I think I'm just afraid of failure.. I've been doing really well so far though and it's definitely helped me get the boost I needed to start up again with the gym, tracking my calories and healthy eating. :)
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just found out about it around New Years. I joined a 6 month Transformer and a 4 week Kickstarter. I find the Transformer a more solid bet for me since it's a slower pace but I was hoping to get a kick in the pants from the Kickstarter.

The basic premise under the 6month is to lose 10% of your starting weight in that time. Very do-able.

In the 4 week game your goal is to lose 4% of your starting weight in 4 weeks. That's tough!
  • lilco
    Options
    I think if I'm successful with the one I've joined (which it looks like I will be) I will join one of the Transformer ones. I need something to motivate me long-term and that seems like the best way for me.