at home fitness routine¿¿¿

Options
Some advice en home routines i have a baby cant go to the gym still wanna workout HELP¡¡¡

Replies

• chocolatekiss5757
    chocolatekiss5757 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You tube has a lot of free workouts you could try. Fitness Bender is great.
  • fitmom_16
    Options
    Thanks i think i will donwlond some vídeos to get started¡¡ hope i can reach my goal:)
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I second fitnessblender for cheap/free workout routines, you can even make your own now after their new years site changes. If you fancy Kettlebells, LiveFit Revolution is awesome, I just finished their 12 week program and absolutely fell in love with the workouts, and theirs are also completely free.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I actually use two medicine balls (6 lb and 10 lb) and can do a lot of exercises at home using these. They are really cheap and you can get one or two at your local sporting goods or even Walmart.

There are numerous exercises you can do with these (youtube or internet searches for routines). Maybe you might this idea too.
  • fitmom_16
    Options
    Its really good that all this stuff is free andi hope the routines can work i guess it depends in you and the hard work you putin.
    Also wanna good dieta to follow i know it es hard but ill make it work. :) THANKS¡¡¡¡
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    there's a lot you can do at home....a lot. How much room do you have? Can you get away from baby or do you need something quiet? Before we built our home gym up I did a lot of DVD body weight workouts, I also have some bowflex adjustable weights, they take up very little room and you can do a lot with them because they go from 5 to 52.5 pounds each. Great little investment to get started, I still use them every day even though we have a squat rack and plates now.
  • fitmom_16
    Options
    I have a room that i dont use maybe i can start putting my stuff there. What dvds did you buy and did they work for you? :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Here's an article which quotes (and links to) a study by the American College of Sports Medicine discussing a body-weight workout. 7 minutes long, repeat as many times as you want for the time available.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com//2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest alternating resistance training and cardio workouts.

Resistance training options: pilates (great for your core, tons of free ones on YouTube, no equipment required), the Jillian Michaels videos, any sort of dumbbell, kettlebell, or resistance band routines you can find.

Cardio: Zumba, Turbofire, step routines, cardio dance routines. Lots of options for these on YouTube too, or go get some videos.

Another option would be to get P90X or similar. P90X will get you through 3 months and mix up cardio and resistance training.
  • fitmom_16
    Options
    Thanks a lot i was looking for something like that:) anyone has some abs workout, need some cardio too.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    fitmom_16 wrote: »
    I have a room that i dont use maybe i can start putting my stuff there. What dvds did you buy and did they work for you? :)

I really like Brazil Buttlift, The Firm DVDs, 30 Day Shred...... I still occasionally do one, I also like bodyrock on youtube, it's hiit workouts, they kick your *kitten*, they're 8 to 12 minutes long each. Their website is kind of confusing now but if you can navigate it they have a beginner's area and a 30 day start up plan......
  • fitmom_16
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    fitmom_16 wrote: »

I really like Brazil Buttlift, The Firm DVDs, 30 Day Shred...... I still occasionally do one, I also like bodyrock on youtube, it's hiit workouts, they kick your *kitten*, they're 8 to 12 minutes long each. Their website is kind of confusing now but if you can navigate it they have a beginner's area and a 30 day start up plan......

Thanks a lot¡¡ ive seen that this workouts do WORK for people. Being motivated and focus will help me
  • azev314
    azev314 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Burpees
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25! It's a great workout and it's only 25 minutes. I have the same trouble trying to get to the gym, my kids go to bed at 7 and there is nobody else here so I can't just leave and go to the gym. T25 has been great, it's so short I have time to workout, eat dinner and shower all after the kids go to bed!

I'm just starting but I feel a difference already. There are others on here I have read about losing 6 lbs in the 1st week and losing about 40 throughout the series of discs.