Favorite 15 minute meal?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
Bonus points if its one pan and kid friendly :)

My fav:

Slice one polish sausage per person into coins, cover with water in a shallow pan (with lid) and cook for 4-5minutes. Drain. Add in a bag or 2 of frozen brocolli and .5c water. Cover and steam broccoli for uh5-7 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid. Sprinkle a handful or 2 of shredded cheese ontop, turn off the heat, and cover. Serve obce the cheese is melted.

Replies

• mkakids
    Options
    We also cook minute steaks and serve with bagged salad and a steam in the bag frozen veggie
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos - season fish and pan seer (2-4 min per side, depending on fish thickness). At same time, heat soft taco shells in another pan. Chop avocado, tomatoes, onion and lettuce. Slice fish. Put a little of each ingredient in the tortilla, top with a little pre-shredded cheese and salsa.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Sister and I have this often. Sometimes with steamed edamame(spicy or plain).

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/12/inside-out-egg-roll-re-post.html

Inside+Out+Egg+Roll+2.jpg
  • mkakids
    Options
    Oh - that looks awesome!
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili! Sautée onion with bell pepper, fresh chili to taste and cubed butternut squash. Add ground turkey and spices (I use paprika, cinnamon, pepper, cilantro and cumin) and let the meat brown. Add tomato paste and after 2 minutes add canned tomatoes and white beans. Let it simmer for a little bit and then serve! I like mine with a dollop of Greek yogurt, but you could have it with rice or as a filling for tacos too. Obviously the longer you cook it, the more the flavors develop, but I have whipped this up in 15/20 minutes in the past.
  • mkakids
    Options
    Bump
  • runsmallx
    Options
    I like whole grain pasta tossed with some olive oil and various veggies for a quick meal.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Another ground turkey/chicken meal: Chinese stir fry lettuce wraps.
    Stir fry ground chicken with bell pepper, shitaki mushrooms, finely diced carrot, chinese 5 spice and what ever other veg you feel like, then add spring onions and spring onions at the last minute. Spoon the mixture into lettuce cups (iceberg of romaine) and enjoy!