Chocolate

Options
Im new to this and am looking for a low calorie chocolate treat to satisfy the cravings, anyone found ones that are low and tasty? Im in New Zealand

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...*drool*
  • intrepie
    intrepie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On pinterest there are low calorie " brownie in a mug" recipes which help me. I like the brand "skinny cow" , but I'm not sure if New Zealand would have it...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I have a whole thread somewhere about chocolate. I'll find it and bump it for you. But basically any fine, dark chocolate will do. Good chocolate doesn't need a lot of sugar or additives.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Godiva dark chocolate truffle. It was 50 calories, and delicious. If you let it melt in your mouth, it lasts longer.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good quality dark chocolate, it's very low in sugar - so tends to have less calories than the milk & white types, if you don't like bitter 70% is still quite sweet, so a good compromise. My favorites include Green & Blacks with ginger, lindt excellence 70 - 90% & their orange (with almond) & mint. I also find because the finer chocolate is so rich I only want 1/4 - 1/2 a serving. I'm sorry I don't know if these brands are sold up in kiwiland.

If you're not shy on artificial sweeteners & sugar alcohols I have occasionally found sugarfree milk & white chocolates in gourmet stores; diet or 'light' style hot chocolates can run at 30-50kcal per serving, and that's pretty low.

There has been some chocolate laced teas about (again i'm in england, so I don't know about brands) I have tea pigs brand 'chocolate flake' tea, which runs seriously low calorie, as it's just infused water & is very satisfying, hopefully there is something similar there - should be easy to find if so.

Good luck.

edit: there was only two posts when i started writing :3 so slow snuggle definitely has the crux of it, good quality dark chocolate will see you through x
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Bunch of recipes on here if you are looking for desserts (as well as a bunch of other recipes)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is best calorie-wise, and if you get the quality stuff and really savor it, you don't need a lot of it. I just had a few squares of Lindt dark chocolate w/orange and it was amazing.
  • WombatSammy
    Options
    I usually end up eating half a serving of the good stuff. Or even less. It's so rich, you really don't need more.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I have a low calorie hot chocolate drink. Options is the one I use and I think is about 40 calories. It satisfies my chocolate craving.
  • douthenico
    douthenico Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! We have lindt here in kiwi land and I will investigate the hot chocolate. Snuglesmacks, thank you - I look forward to having a read
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is not evil. You can eat it. Just eat less of it.