Chicken thighs - Any ideas?

Options
So, a month or so ago, I was going to make this chicken noodle soup and the recipe called for bone in, skin on chicken thighs, so I was like "cool" and bought some, ended up never making the soup and chucking the chicken thighs in the freezer.

I now have about a pound of chicken thighs and I have no idea what to do with them?!?!?! Any ideas? I wanted to grill them, but I have no access to a grill and I have no ideas.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    SLOW COOKER CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BEER

INGREDIENTS
    Cooking Spray
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    6 chicken thighs, skin removed (4 to 6 ounces each)
    Salt & pepper to taste
    12 ounces light beer
    2 teaspoons herbes de Provence (It is o.k. to skip these herbs. Thighs have lots of flavor)
    2 bay leaves

INSTRUCTIONS
    Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Coat the ceramic insert with cooking spray.
    Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
    Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
    Cook until they are lightly browned, about 3 minutes and then turn them over and brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more.

Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker. Return the skillet to the stove.
    Add the bottle of beer to the skillet, and heat until boiling, stirring to incorporate all the browned bits that are on the bottom of the pan.
    Stir in the herbes de provence and bay leaves, and cook for another minute or so.

Pour the beer mixture into the slow cooker over the chicken thighs.
    Cover and cook on HIGH, until the thighs are fork tender, about 4-1/2 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.

COOK'S NOTES
    Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 chicken thigh): 243 calories, 7.7 g fat, 2.0 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 33.1 g protein and 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2013/07/israeli-chicken-sofrito/

I made this recipe a while back. It turned out delicious.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I love making this recipe

Mediterranean Lemon Chicken

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-lemon-chicken/?sitepref=ar
  • skinnyutahgurl
    skinnyutahgurl Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thunder Thighs! 1/2 cup soy sauce & 1/2 Sriracha Hot Sauce. Marinate & grill. Yum!
    I use my Forman Grill or pan fry, but I bet they'd be good baked.
    If I use Braggs Amino in place of soy sauce I use less than 1/2 and add water to equal 1/2 cup.
    Hope you enjoy it!
  • teralynn82
    teralynn82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Man-Pleasing Chicken - it's really good and super easy:
    http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I just bought some chicken thighs this morning to make this. It is my favorite recipe for them. I don't do the hard cooked eggs. I like it less soupy so I cut the water to 1 cup and add a cup of quick cooking brown rice for the last hour to soak up the excess juices.

Ethiopian Chicken Stew (Doro Wat)

1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    3 large onions, diced
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and more to taste if you'd like
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon ground turmeric
    2 cups water
    8 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, to add later)

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Empty the tomato can into your cooker. Put in the chicken thighs, and add the lemon juice. Now add onion, and ALL of the spices. Pour in the water. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 5. Your soup is done when the onions are soft and translucent and the chicken is cooked through and begun to fall apart. Ladle into a wide-mouth bowl and place a whole hardboiled egg into each dish
  • tamsk1k2k3
    Options
    I have a few on my blog: www.familypaleoblog.com
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Send them to me! Or, just throw them in the oven with salt and pepper. Mashed sweet potato and green peas on the side :D
  • Jelise143
    Jelise143 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    this recipe was really good when I made it! even hubby liked it, and he usually only likes chicken breast (the drier the better! Ick)
    Cracklin' Chicken
    It is a nom nom paleo recipe. Her site is awesome!
  • badbradley
    badbradley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    teralynn82 wrote: »
    Man-Pleasing Chicken - it's really good and super easy:
    http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/

My aunt used to make this for us all of the time. The only difference is her recipe included mushrooms. It's super easy to make and very tasty. Using the MFP recipe calculator with 1.75lbs of the chicken and a serving size of 6, it comes out to 339 cals per serving.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    skinny taste has a good recipe with jarred artichoke and feta, marinate the chicken with the artichokes (and juice), then broil. very simple and pretty good! i'm not a fan of thighs but prepared this way they were absolutely tolerable.
  • jessicawfoster
    jessicawfoster Posts: 299 Member
    Options
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just put them in the oven or toaster oven bake on 350 and put anything on them- BBQ sauce, teriyaki marinade, Italian dressing. Just brush them like every 15 minutes and flip them once.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/tender-crisp-spring-braise/

one of my favorite reciopes right there!