Best workout dvd??

Options
Hi I am a newbie , overweight and unfit.I was wondering if some of you lovely people could point me in the right direction of a fitness /workout dvd that is fun to do and a good starter point.

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That's a har question to answer because it depends on what you enoy doing. Do you like to dance? walk? tae bo? kick boxing?
    My best suggestion for you is to go on you tube and search some work outs...watch a few and then invest in a couple DVD's in the type you like. There are also sites like fitnessblender.com and fitfussion that you can check out.
    I personally LOVE cross country hiking and kettlebells.
  • Davies_EL
    Davies_EL Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I use Solomon Yogalates, it's a series of DVDs so you can choose any of them, and she always makes sure there is a beginners version of the more difficult moves.

The only thing I would recommend is avoid the dynamic weight loss one until you're more confident of your fitness levels. I've been using her stuff for YEARS and I still can't manage that one!
  • Davies_EL
    Davies_EL Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OOH, or, there's this thing called Instructor Live: http://www.instructorlive.com/

You pick a fitness level and the type of exercise you want to do and it starts you on a programme that gets progressively harder :)

• madlynn2
    madlynn2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try your local library to try out some videos to figure out what you like.
  • arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love shaun t I have T25 for focus hard core exercise and hip hop abs and rocking body for a more fun workout. Hope to build up to insanity and insanity max 30. I also use YouTube when I want a change in routine/exercise.
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    When I was just starting out I loved The Biggest Loser DVDs. Now I love TurboFire but that is not for beginners.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds DVD's to start. I bought a set on amazon.com that had a week of walking workouts with 1-5miles. Its walking in place with knee lifts, side steps, arms, etc.
  • vickyaldersey
    vickyaldersey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestions, I think maybe dancing with some great sounds , is turbo jam or hip hop abs any good for beginners?
  • arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hip hop abs is great for beginners and fun to do, my coordination wasn't great on the first day but I soon got there :-)