Fell off again

Options
So I started really good this week, eating either below or just on my cals and was exercising, my bloated stomach had reduced since Christmas and I was feeling really positive. However last night I had a melt down and just ate and ate and ate without counting calories! I feel so ashamed and I know I can just treat today as a new day but I really feel as though I'm gonna be falling back into my one or two day cheat a week day where I just don't log, it is a viscious circle because I know I don't lose but I really feel like I'm falling :( any advice!

Replies

• ASG_21
    ASG_21 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just stick to it--I know that for me, the feeling of failure is what pushes me to "fall off" a lot of times, so trying to change that feeling might be the best approach. Unfortunately, I still struggle with it myself, and some days it's really just a huge battle of will, so I don't have much advice for you. I just wanted you to know you aren't alone! All the best :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Choices.

You are responsible and accountable for the choices you make.

Make them count.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Log everything you ate and ate so you have a record and start again today

One bad night doesn't make for weight gain, but failing to recommit will
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Those times you eat and eat and eat... still log it. Maybe confronting it will help you not do it again - when you feel like bingeing look back on the last time you did and see how big an effect it was
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    No matter how bad. Track everything. I agree with the above posts - maybe having to see it in front of you will help stop binges in the future. Make a commitment to track no matter what.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Don't keep trigger foods in the house, maybe?

Or are you eating enough? What are your calorie goals like? Age, height, weight, body fat %, activity level and exercise goals? What are your exercises like, how long and how often?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pull your boot straps up, log it and move on. Today's a new day.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Log the damage as best as you can remember. It happened whether you log or don't, but committing to logging everything you eat, no matter what and no matter how much, will help you not want to do it again. It may also help you understand that having more good days than bad days is what really matters, not absolute perfection. You didn't blow it.