Anyone else struggling with depression/anxiety?

Options
2»

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this group! I suffer from anxiety, for which I am on medication. I get bad migraines, and I think losing the weight, plus being able to manage the anxiety would help me decrease those.

I am sending a request to join :)
  • wbrun840
    wbrun840 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi i to suffer from despression and i just started going to the gym to lose aout 30lbs
  • rebelrach_h
    rebelrach_h Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me as friends. I can't work out how to add anyone from here.
    Starting this weightloss journey again.... Depression and anxiety her- controlled mostly, medication a must. Let's do this.
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! Since depression and anxiety are mental in nature the subconscious mind needs to develop a new blue print for a positive thought process. The following method which may seem simple and some may laugh at it because it is so simple can help re-format your thought process. Mental exercise: For a period of 10 days do the following - Each day write 10 things you are thankful for (i.e. family, life children) on 3x5 cards. Add additional 10 things until you have accumulated and are reading 100 things. Each morning and evening read aloud the cards with emotion. This method over the years has been the kick-start for many people to recover from depression.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've just sent a request to join the group, thank you for creating it!'
  • greeneyesfire
    Options
    I too suffer from anxiety and depression . I would really love to join this group so I could have a little bit of support. I find it really difficult here to lose weight I A pretty isolated where I live and I think that sometimes fuels my anxiety.
  • unique_Butterfly91
    Options
    Hey im new and also suffer PTSD, I currently am wanting to loose baby fat from my waist, whicj is from having two boys plus from lack of exercise

I find it hard to find motivation with depression I joined the gym, but tend to binge at night after doing cardio, I also start to feel tension at night with snacking with sugary snacks I get weight watchers snacks, but end up eating obe after another

Would to be good to make friends on here who csn relate to having depression and trying to be healthy, please feel free to add me.
    :smiley:
  • SuperZuey
    Options
    I just sent in a request to join. I have bipolar, anxiety and ptsd and I definitely have some difficulties with my weight loss as a result. The biggest issue for me I think is the weight gain that is caused by some of my medication. It's tough to push through that, but I'm trying my best! I'm actually on a good medication setup right now as far as my mental health goes, so I actually have the motivation to eat properly and exercise now, which I've never had before.

Thank you for setting up this group.
  • kimzelaya
    Options
    Hello, I also have an anxiety disorder. I have been diagnosed 3 years ago and its been hell. I carried a lot of responsibilities over the past years and I neglected my health. I've been better now, I believe it's because I put some time aside to take care of myself. With the time I have, I plan to pursue my fitness goals and take care of my mental health. I know what it's like to feel scared and hopeless, so just know that your not alone.
  • AliluniqueLaura
    AliluniqueLaura Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Monsoonseason, (OP) your profile picture is scary to me. With all the violence in this world, I can't stand another reminder of innocent people getting killed. "BANG" what a pleasant thought for people already suffering. No thank you. I will not be joining.
  • sunshinejhodan
    Options
    I'm really struggling with the 2 and they can both be a reason why losing can be so hard
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've had depression and anxiety since childhood, and more recently, what I suspect is PTSD. Like many here, I tend to use food as a coping method and I'm fighting to improve both my physical and mental health. I would love to have friends on here who can relate. I'm open to any and all friend requests.
  • monsoonseason
    monsoonseason Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Monsoonseason, (OP) your profile picture is scary to me. With all the violence in this world, I can't stand another reminder of innocent people getting killed. "BANG" what a pleasant thought for people already suffering. No thank you. I will not be joining.

I apologize that you found my profile picture disturbing. It is not my advocacy of violence or an intent to shock people, but rather a display of enthusiasm for one of my favorite (fictional) characters. It is certainly your prerogative to choose which groups to interact with, I hope you find some that meet your needs. I wish you well.

• monsoonseason
    monsoonseason Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    To the new requests - I apologize for the delay in adding you to the group, I was away for a day and a half or so and missed the notifications. It should be remedied now. Welcome to all of the new faces, I look forward to getting to know each of you.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a fellow depression/anxiety sufferer. Working on my self-esteem, eating habits, sleep and exercise habits, and self-introspection to try to be happier and healthier. I also have a lot of anger/bitterness regarding 2 years of bizarre, unrelenting shoulder pain, though it seems to have stabilized to a daily level of manageable suck (thank god) . I'd love more friends who are also striving to improve both their mental and physical health :smile: