Hello! I'm new.

Options

I'm Jessica, 28, married and two children.

(Sorry guys)
I'm looking for other females around the same age struggling to stay motivated just like me.
Started working out Monday and my friend mentioned this site, so figured I'd give it a shot. I can use all the support I can get right now!
I'm aiming to lose around 70lbs in total. But I just want to get healthy and stay healthy.

A lot of things have contributed to my weight gain. I'm very short and have always been small, until the last 2 years that is and I put on more weight than I could imagine...
I have a long journey ahead and was just hoping to find others interested in talking and going through similar situations.

:)

Replies

• TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! Friends help keep you motivated! Add me if you like. I'd be happy to cheer you on!
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel. I'm 30 with 2 children. I want to lose about 65lbs too. Add me if you'd like! It sounds like we're in a similar situation!
  • tamsk1k2k3
    Options
    Ladies - I would love to connect with you and we can work together! I have lost 50 lbs so far with three daughters! I still am working on the last 30 lbs! Are you on Facebook? Hope to hear from you all!

Tamara
  • iluvkjqx2
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I already got a couple friend requests and welcome anyone else who wants to be friends!
    I'm really loving all the support!!
    This time for me feels a LOT different, I actually feel like I can do this! I'm a bit sore today from my workout yesterday, but I'm planning to go ahead and do it again today!
    I've been using the fitnessblender videos on youtube, which I can put my own music too and they have great routines easy on my back and knees! I've had a few injuries, so jumping around a lot is not something I can do!!

What types of exercise do you ladies do?
    I'm working on mostly cardio right now, I want to burn some fat and then start working in more strength training, this is my first week back at it, I have worked out 4 days so far since monday, and trying to take it slow right now, I have a habit of going hard and sabotaging any progress I've made, so this time I started with walking on a treadmill, and then light cardio routines at home when I couldn't make it to the gym.
    This is also the first time, I'm actually keeping track of what I'm eating and how much water I'm consuming, I started a journal before I came here, just logging my days as I feel, what exercises I did, and taking pictures of myself each week as well.
    I was thinking of blogging here, but I'm more or less doing it for myself right now, and later on down the road I can go back and write one big success story with photos from along the way....
  • Zazzles2906
    Zazzles2906 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 and just starting out with myfitnesspal. Feel free to add me.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm also doing cardio. The arc trainer at planet fitness is amazing! It burns crazy calories but isn't hard on your body. I also do some weights, just my arms. I'm trying to lose the jiggle there so I can wave at people again!

I do T25 too. I do that on the nights I can't make it to the gym. I'm a single mother of 2, so I don't always have a sitter to go to the gym after bedtime.
  • 1punky
    1punky Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm looking for encouraging words to stay motivated. I'm 56 y.o and newly retired. I do Zumba twice a week and try to do the eliptical every day for about 10 minutes. It's not my favorite thing to do.
  • iluvkjqx2
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 and just starting out with myfitnesspal. Feel free to add me.

Hello!
    I tried adding you but for some reason it won't let me. I'll try again when I'm on my computer. :)
  • iluvkjqx2
    Options
    Right now I'm also doing cardio. The arc trainer at planet fitness is amazing! It burns crazy calories but isn't hard on your body. I also do some weights, just my arms. I'm trying to lose the jiggle there so I can wave at people again!

I do T25 too. I do that on the nights I can't make it to the gym. I'm a single mother of 2, so I don't always have a sitter to go to the gym after bedtime.

Oh nice!!
    We don't have a planet fitness here.... small town! :) but that machine sounds awesome!

I am not always able to get to the gym either so I'm doing my home workouts on those days.
    I kind of enjoy doing them at home though, I don't like people watching me lol
  • iluvkjqx2
    Options
    1punky wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm looking for encouraging words to stay motivated. I'm 56 y.o and newly retired. I do Zumba twice a week and try to do the eliptical every day for about 10 minutes. It's not my favorite thing to do.

Hello!!

I love zumba! I'll probably do that now and then to charge it up! :)
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too! Need to lose 30 pounds (2 stone) im 34 married mum to 3 boys. I'm short too (5ft 1) add me lets support each other
  • karlisvald
    karlisvald Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi everybody, im planning on start t25 tomorrow, i'll probably try the stretching video today so i wont die tomorrow, i work full time so i dont have a lot of time, and actually i have nobody to train with.. so i created this facebook page to invite people and make like a motivational group, you know to help me stay on track.. if anyone wants to join this is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/598495383615820/
    and i hope we can all help each other! if someone is doing a different program is ok!!! the point is get like a support group!