Alcohol

Options
I'm on a night out with the girls tonight, and would like a drink or two. Are there any low cal drinks?

Replies

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like:

Beer - Stick to Michelob Ultra or another light beer. You can usually stay around the 100 calorie range with these light beers.
    Wine - You can get a 5 oz glass of wine for about 125 calories. I personally would choose the red over the white for health benefits, but if you only care about calories, get whatever you like!
    Liquor - Watch out for your mixers. Stick with a zero calorie mixer like diet coke. The liquor itself should be under 100 calories for a single.

Have fun tonight, set limits and log beforehand. :)
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Vodka tonic with a twist is about as low cal as it gets.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ^^ see above ^^
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would do wine but throw a few cubes of ice in it, lower in calories than anything else.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Tonic water has about 125 cals in 12 ounces so you could go even lower if you swap that for soda water which has zero. But sadly also has no flavor.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    beer wine or anything that is not mixed. The mixed drinks tend to add the cals if that is what you are trying to stay away from.
    have fun
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what do you like to drink? because there are healthy versions of most drinks.

first, wine isn't bad. but maybe you like big sugary margaritas? well, get a skinny margarita. honestly, i like these a lot. fresh lime juice, cointreau, tequila, and salt on the brim. no salt if you want even less calories.

vodka and diet tonic water, or vodka and seltzer with a lemon or lime are good low cal options.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Second this site. Basically you want to get the best bang for your calorie buck. IOW, get tipsy efficiently. Plain vodkas and tequilas seem to be the best. Vodka and club soda is probably the lowest cal mixed drink you can get. American whiskey (bourbon, Tennessee) is another good choice as well. Jack and diet coke is a good one. Once you start using sweet mixers, the calories start going way up.
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I either get a white wine spritzer (wine mixed with sparkling water), rum with diet coke or vodka with diet energy drink. If I want a cocktail, I'll get a cosmo.
  • ceebeez1975
    ceebeez1975 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    vodka is the best. Be careful what you mix it with though
    It's nice with lime soda water or diet cranberry juice and lemonade.