10lbs in 4 days yikes

Options
Danieltoal93
Danieltoal93 Posts: 20
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
My diet was really bad the last 3 months due to my sweet tooth ha, I'm taking in about 1200 calories a day because I want fast results, most of that weight lost is water weight by the way

Replies

• quickcrx702
    quickcrx702 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's a bit too fast if you continue that way, and a good way to eat up your muscle if it isn't water weight. But for now, it might just be water weight, especially if you were eating a lot of sodium before but are cutting it out now. Just be patient, 1-2lbs/week will get you to where you want to be, with minimal muscle loss. You might want to consider bumping up your calories, or at least adding some cheat days, otherwise your metabolism will get messed up.
  • Danieltoal93
    Options
    Cheers for your advice, I'm currently cutting and I'm following a carb cycling diet just because it worked wonders in the past for me, I'm going to continue with 1200 calorie intake unless my strength falls down in the gym
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    1200 is ridiculous for a man, you shouldn't go below 1600, why do you want to burn through that much LBM?
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cutting plan too with a fairly low base calorie level, say 1400, 50% protein, 30 carb and 20 fat. I burn about 700-800 a day AND EAT ALL OF IT BACK. your strength will fail and you won't maintain any muscle to speak of.
  • dfetter78
    dfetter78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Dan I'm with you man! Kill it, 1200 per day! Who cares about strength anyway? as long I fit into those size 34's its all good....
  • JacobRichmond
    JacobRichmond Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I always weigh myself the same time every morning, and yesterday I weighed 271, and today I weigh 268. Yesterday was even an unintentional cheat day, as I didn't workout and I ate many more calories than my 1600 calorie goal. I'm not sure why I lose so much weight in just a day. I never under-eat.

I just started back up after the holidays because I had actually gained back a substantial amount of weight that I had previously lost, and I've already lost 7 pounds in a week without even trying too ridiculously hard or purposely starving myself.
  • Danieltoal93
    Options
    As long as you're supplying you're body with enough protein your muscles won't break down, there's 30g of protein in a fresh chicken fillet and that's only 120 calories so it's not like I'm hungry all the time, screw cutting off a 1 lb per week ain't nobody got time for that :P I'm going for about 3 lbs of fat per week until I get really lean then I'll stick it to 1lb a week
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    1200 for a man is not sustainable or healthy, and could be really damaging. If you lose too quickly you'll just end up gaining it all back again. 3lbs per week isn't recommended unless very obese. Your profile says you've only got 10lbs to lose, is that right? So at 1lb per week you could be done in ten weeks, at 2lbs per week you could be done in just over a month, that's nothing! There's no need for 3lbs a week, or even 2lbs.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Cheers for your advice, I'm currently cutting and I'm following a carb cycling diet just because it worked wonders in the past for me, I'm going to continue with 1200 calorie intake unless my strength falls down in the gym

Then what is the point of this thread exactly?
  • Danieltoal93
    Options
    1200 for a man is not sustainable or healthy, and could be really damaging. If you lose too quickly you'll just end up gaining it all back again. 3lbs per week isn't recommended unless very obese. Your profile says you've only got 10lbs to lose, is that right? So at 1lb per week you could be done in ten weeks, at 2lbs per week you could be done in just over a month, that's nothing! There's no need for 3lbs a week, or even 2lbs.

I was on about 1200 on my last cut and you're right I gained the weight straight back on, this time I'm going to things a bit different, I'm going to do a reverse diet at the end so basically just adding calories to my diet slowly, don't know how much I have to lose when my abs are popping out I'll go on a slow bulk, I'm guessing I've to lose about 20lbs, I'm actually considering to up my calories to about 1500, I'm light enough, 172lbs so that's why I have my calories low
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think we have been had. Not a serious post.