Shoes on or off?

Options
Hey there! I had a question, I guess it might be a matter of opinion..But I like to do Zumba at home because I don't like people watching me work out.
Do you wear your athletic shoes on your carpet while working out at home? Or will it ruin it?
But also on the flip side, could you injure yourself going barefoot?

Thank you!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Safeguard your knees ...wear your shoes...put down a rug
  • preciousportland
    preciousportland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Safeguard your knees ...wear your shoes...put down a rug
    Good thought. Thank you!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If I am doing something like aerobics/dance I wear sneakers. If I am doing yoga (obviously) or belly dancing I am barefoot.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    A lot of home stuff is on sale this time of year. Buy a cheap area rug.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes. Vacuuming the carpet frequently will help to keep the pile from becoming flattened.
  • preciousportland
    preciousportland Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you everyone, you confirmed what I was thinking but wasn't sure about.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I started doing Zumba, the only type of trainers I had at the time were running ones so I'd wear those. I realized after a few times that my knees were taking a serious beating. - After a little research I realized that the trainers I was wearing and the surface (heavy carpeted area) in which I did Zumba were a bad mix. - I found some Nike Free trainers and it was all easy peasy from there! - It's all in the shoes! ;)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Doing Zumba on a carpet is dangerous. You might trip when trying to slide. Either use carpet sliders or find a different place.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes if I do jumping-around-y things; leave them off for yoga or anything that doesn't involve jarring the knees.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't have carpet. I wear shoes for exercises like aerobics, dancing or walking because I have had foot pain in the past.